Main Menu

Indiana Challenger

Started by Alphasig112, September 13, 2017, 10:00:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Alphasig112

Hi all,

Just bought a new to me 73 Challenger. Was originally a 318 car in B5 Blue from what I was told. It is in pretty rough shape from the stand point that one of the previous owners was 16 and had no business cutting out full quarters and welding them back in. So mostly what I am looking for right now is as many measurements as I can get from the rear seat and behind the shock mount crossmember as the car is 1/2" longer on the driver side and the deck lid opening is 1/2" narrower than the trunk lid. Everything as far as forward from there is very solid and mostly original. It is a big project but this car deserves a second life. I will be making it into a pro touring car since it is not complete enough to make me feel bad for gutting an original. I have a built 440 and 833 4 speed ready to go into it but I figure the next couple of years will be spent finding parts  and cutting out bad work to re weld it all correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuda Cody

Welcome @Alphasig112   :welcome:  Looks like you found a nice project!!   :twothumbsup:  Looks pretty solid.  Are you going to go back to B5 or paint it a different color? 

JS29

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site from Michigan!  Looks like a cool project!   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

70/6chall

A great big MOPAR welcome to you "Alphasig" from SoCal, got yourself a great project, stay with it one step at a time and your progress will be noted.    Thanks,   Al

Wedg2Go

Alphasig112

I will probably be going with PV6 Sunburst Orange. That's one of my all time favorite colors of all available Mopar colors.

CudaMoparRay

ec_co

welcome!! you are certainly in the right place to get the advice and measurements you need  :twothumbsup:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

Welcome: Sunburst Orange is an awesome colour.
Sheldon

Alphasig112

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 13, 2017, 05:33:24 PM
Welcome: Sunburst Orange is an awesome colour.
Thanks. My cousin had it on his truck and it is my favorite orange currently available.

cuda dad

Welcome to the group, nice project1  :yes:

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site @Alphasig112
Lockslike a great project

Jay Bee

:wave: Welcome aboard from Ontario  :canada: 

jimynick

And yet another welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:   :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"