Main Menu

New happy member

Started by Husk Challenger, January 29, 2017, 07:50:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

:welcome: I like the look of the pistol grip without the console.

Cuda Cody

The hard part will be to find a Temperature Sending unit with the correct threads for that big of an opening.  Not sure if I've ever seen one for it?   :clueless:

Quote from: Husk Challenger on February 11, 2017, 12:54:36 AM
Hey guys,

Curently my temp gauges is not linked to the sending unit and driving without this working is real annoying.
So i'd like to fix this asap.

There is still a sending unit on place, seen as first picture.

I found a new one here: http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=212%2DTS101

But i'd like to add another  gauge to have the real temperature of the water. So i'd like to add a sending unit on the water pump located on picture 2.
Is it possible?
What's the reference for this sending unit?

Thanks

Marc70challenger

Welcome!!  Great looking car.

We have some good friends from France ... we work in Mauritius ... so go back and forth.

If you ever vacation in Maurice let me know!!!

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 11, 2017, 07:30:06 AM
The hard part will be to find a Temperature Sending unit with the correct threads for that big of an opening.  Not sure if I've ever seen one for it?   :clueless:

Quote from: Husk Challenger on February 11, 2017, 12:54:36 AM
Hey guys,

Curently my temp gauges is not linked to the sending unit and driving without this working is real annoying.
So i'd like to fix this asap.

There is still a sending unit on place, seen as first picture.

I found a new one here: http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=212%2DTS101

But i'd like to add another  gauge to have the real temperature of the water. So i'd like to add a sending unit on the water pump located on picture 2.
Is it possible?
What's the reference for this sending unit?

Thanks

What about a t-fitting for one of intake manifold.  So can maintain stock and aftermarket?

Husk Challenger

@JS29 & @Marc70challenger  Thanks Guys! No plan for mauritius for the moment but i keep in mind  :bigthumb:

I am searching for t-fitting....not easy!

I found this picture.
What do you think about this ? It looks like a "stock" sending unit in an adaptor?  :thinking:
Aftermarket part?
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

Cuda Cody

That should work good.  Try checking at a local hardware or plumbing supply store for those brass fittings.   :dunno: 

Husk Challenger

Thanks @Cuda Cody Cody,

I'll try this, but i guess it won't fit because of the different thread. US/Euro  :thinking:

chal340

Cedric,
Ref for the sending unit is TS17 at summit.
You can find at Roseville Moparts too. and like this, if you have some other parts to buy, only one shipping. ;)
http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/temp-sending-unit-1962-to-1989-all-engine/products_id/6896?osCsid=1db09fbae41a22ec114fa1acd9368bb6

And you can put it on the water pump or on the intake manifold with an adapter.
70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.

Husk Challenger

Thanks for the link and the ref Hervé !

I don't have the original intake manifold, it's a weiand without plug on it.
I only have the one big on the water pump.... The matter for me is to find the right adaptor

chal340

put this sending unit on the water pump where there is already the old. like this no need of an adapter.
70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.

Husk Challenger

Yes Hervé, that's a part of the plan. But as i would like to add another gauge with the exact temperature i need another spot.

Marc70challenger

JS29

jimynick

Welcome to the site. My family and I stayed in Vimoutier in Normandy some years back and we quite like France. You've got a beautiful car and I love that blue- tres chic! I believe the reducer you're looking for is actually called a bushing in plumbers parlance. The fittings going into the manifold are all NPT (national pipe thread) and I'd be looking in a US plumbing supply house for the parts you're looking for. Bonne chance!  :canada:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Husk Challenger

Thanks  @jimynick

Vimoutier is a well known village of WW2 lovers.

I live near the city of Caen, so Vimoutiers is just at 45 minutes by road. If you plan to visit D-day's beach let me know.  :cheers:

Cédric