Main Menu

Started by truckinman466, April 14, 2017, 06:30:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

truckinman466

Hi all. I just joined a couple weeks ago. I've had a few mopars over the years but this is my first e-body. It is a lot rougher than I thought it was when I bought it.Of course 10 years under a plastic tarp in S.E. Tx. didn't help it any. I got it in a deal with a 340 engine for my swinger. Paid $1000 for them both so I think I can put a few bucks in it now. Currently have all the floors and wheel wells out getting ready to weld the new metal in. I just bought a 440 six pack motor for it.Lots of plans and limited time to work on it so it'll be a few yrs till I get it done. Hoping to get lots of info from y'all.Thanks,Ron

ec_co

:welcome:   sounds like a great project and the price sounds like a steal, especially getting the 340 with it. you are in the right place, tons of knowledge here and several e-body experts that are more than willing to help. don't be shy about asking for advice
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

MOPAR FANATIC

:welcome: first off 440 six pack, :drooling:  :wowzers: like ec-co said,sounds like you got a great deal.welcoe aboard from the Midwest.{Minnesota].  :wave:

Spikedog08

Hello Ron!  Welcome to the site!  Sounds like a decent car and a pretty good deal!  Post up some pictures when you get a chance!  Love to see them!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Chryco Psycho

Welcome Ron
Sounds like a fun project  :banana:

Cuda Cody

Thanks for joining the forum @truckinman466    :banana:  You are in good hands here when it comes to getting good tips and advice.   :twothumbsup:  Sounds like you got a great deal on it too.  :bradsthumb:

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from Chilliwack B.C. Canada.
Sheldon

Rev-It-Up

Welcome to the forum Ron! Glad you found us.  Post up some pics of your project when you get a chance and start a new thread in the Restoration section so we can all watch.  We love to watch these cars come back to life.  :popcorn:
Rev-It-Up

Brads70

:wave:  Welcome Ron sounds like a fun project. You sure got a deal on it so it sounds!  :bradsthumb:

71GranCoupe

:welcome: to a great place to learn about E-Bodies. You will find many helpful members who with a combined knowledge unmatched anywhere.  :perfect10:Post pictures when time permits.  :cheers:

Jay Bee

Welcome aboard from St. Catharines, Ontario   :wave: 

truckinman466

Should I keep it black? Was thinking plum crazy. :thinking: :thinking:

Cuda Cody

Do you think it was an original TX9 black car?  If you're not sure, paint it anything you want....   Plum crazy is a great color! 

truckinman466

If I'm reading the fender tag right,it is all original color and trim Originally a 318 car

Cuda Cody

Oh!  Black is a pretty rare and highly desirable color!   :alan2cents:  But it's your car, so make it any color you like.  And enjoy it!   :burnout: