Main Menu

71 'Cuda OEM parking lamp set

Started by 76orangewagon, November 10, 2017, 12:00:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

I have a set of 1971 Cuda parking lamp assemblies that have been rebuilt, the housings have been blasted and painted with Eastwood reflective Galvanized paint (inside) and cast grey (outside). New pigtails from PG Classics ($46) were installed and were finished off with new lenses ($99) from BE & A. The bad news is the top mounting tab is broke off the passenger side.... :'( this would make a good driver quality set and the two side screws hold it in place without any issues. I'm selling the set for less than I have in the parts. $125.00 plus shipping from 44305. P.M or email me myorangewagon@yahoo.com if interested.

Crusty

Katfish

How did you attach the new pig tails to the housing.
I have some I'd like to repair.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Katfish on November 10, 2017, 03:29:46 PM

Without the correct die, you'll never get them pressed in as tight as needed to retain the ground between the wire socket and housing.  I can do that for you here, we have done our own on all the side markers and front parking lights since we've been in business.  PG was shipping side markers without the pigtails installed, I have installed those for many guys at no cost.  If you need pigtails, I am more than happy to install them for you.  If you need new pigtails, I have them here also.  I can turn them around same day, pretty simple with the correct tools.  The absolute best way to OE restore 70/71 Cuda or Challenger front parking lights is to remove the pigtails, have the housings re-plated, install new gold cad pigtails then new lenses.

76orangewagon

I am a Machinist so I made a set of dies for our arbor press and assembled them.

anlauto

Again, very reasonable price :worship:

Are you going with the new BE&A ones ? They're beautiful, but I'm not sure if they're still available ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

Quote from: anlauto on November 11, 2017, 05:34:07 AM
Again, very reasonable price :worship:

Are you going with the new BE&A ones ? They're beautiful, but I'm not sure if they're still available ?

Mike was out of them last December when I called about a set but I found a set on eBay that look like his...so yes, I assume I have a set of his through a third party.

76orangewagon

anlauto

I hope everything went to Crusty.....it's nice seeing members helping members  :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

Quote from: anlauto on November 11, 2017, 03:41:00 PM
I hope everything went to Crusty.....it's nice seeing members helping members  :grouphug:

It did..I also sold him my OEM 71 Cuda Grille for a package deal price.

Katfish

Quote from: HEMICUDA on November 11, 2017, 04:13:12 AM

Without the correct die, you'll never get them pressed in as tight as needed to retain the ground between the wire socket and housing.  I can do that for you here, we have done our own on all the side markers and front parking lights since we've been in business.  PG was shipping side markers without the pigtails installed, I have installed those for many guys at no cost.  If you need pigtails, I am more than happy to install them for you.  If you need new pigtails, I have them here also.  I can turn them around same day, pretty simple with the correct tools.  The absolute best way to OE restore 70/71 Cuda or Challenger front parking lights is to remove the pigtails, have the housings re-plated, install new gold cad pigtails then new lenses.

PM sent