Main Menu

ACC carpets now in stock.

Started by MoparDave, February 05, 2018, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparDave

ACC carpets anyone. we have standard 80/20 auto and 4 speed carpets. Also we have the 80/20 with mass back in stock. Blacks are ready to ship. Colors we can have drop shipped to you. standard 80/20 carpets are 169.00 with mass back are 229.00 + ups
Give us a call 586-859-2613
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Chryco Psycho

Jim AAR

@MoparDave -  What do you mean by MASS back? Is that Jute Padding? Is the 09 - Medium Blue the correct color that would be used for a B5 Interior?

MoparDave

Everything You Need to Know About Mass Backing

One of the more popular questions we get from customers about our products is, "What is Mass Backing?"

Automotive Flooring Mass BackingMass Backing is a special upgrade backing that's bonded to the back of your vehicle's molded carpet. The material is a 45mil thick Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) that makes your interior carpet heavier—providing more sound protection and heat insulation than the standard backing. It also makes the installation process easier and gives your vehicle a more luxurious look once completely installed.

It can be applied to any piece of your carpet set that is molded. However, it cannot be applied to die cut pieces (such as flat cargo and flat side panels) or "cut and sewn" style carpeting. It also cannot be applied to vinyl.

Around 1990, car manufacturers began to install mass backing as the standard backing. Therefore, late model car owners are encouraged to purchase the mass backing when replacing their car carpet if they wish to enjoy the same standards and level of comfort.

Since mass backing provides excellent sound and heat protection by itself, there's no need to install additional sound deadening material prior to laying down your carpet, which can save you time and money. For customers looking for the ultimate in luxury and sound protection, we suggest purchasing the Essex carpet with the mass backing upgrade. Essex carpet is thicker and more plush than the standard cut pile, and provides an overall better look and feel to your vehicle's interior.

Overall, mass backing creates a quieter, cooler, and more comfortable cabin for an all-around better driving experience
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

anlauto

Just to clarify @MoparDave , the standard carpets still have the "jute" padding on the back correct ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparDave

@anlauto

Yes, this would be the Standard 80/20 loop with standard Jute Backing.

JH27N0B

I used mass backed ACC carpet in my convertible a few years ago.  It's very nice and fit like a glove.
It's a lot more work to trim though, especially cutting and trimming by the sills enough to get the sills installed low enough that they don't catch on the door panels when opening and closing the doors.  After my blistered and tore up hands healed up, I have to say it was worth the effort!
Looks like the price has gone up a lot since I did my car 2-1/2 years ago, I'm glad I did it when I did. :D