Main Menu

new Turn signal levers

Started by TONY, January 20, 2017, 12:31:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I don't think it would be a big seller. I know if I had to have cruise in a driver E-body I would just adapt one off a C-body, late 70's pickup or whatever.
Sheldon

cataclysm80

The B body levers will work in an E body, but are shorter.

C body doesn't attach to the column the same way, so that won't work, and around 73 or 74 the cruise turn signal lever was redesigned into a bulky plastic thing that looks out of place in a 70 or 71 car.

fc7cuda

I have several of the C body levers and they are bulky, but perhaps could be modified to use in B/E body.  :dunno:

Blake, PM me your address and I'll send you one to try.  :tool:

Tom

cataclysm80

Here's a comparison pic of a couple of my cruise control levers.

An E body lever attaches the same as the B body lever, but it's bent at a slightly different angle.

This C body lever looks nothing like the B or E.
If anyone has suggestions on how to make it work in an E, I'm interested in hearing them.
(or if you have a different style of lever, that might be neat to see also)

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: fc7cuda on February 10, 2017, 08:34:30 AM
I have several of the C body levers and they are bulky, but perhaps could be modified to use in B/E body.  :dunno:

Blake, PM me your address and I'll send you one to try.  :tool:

Tom

PM Sent  :vipermanhiding:
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

SpeedD408

I'm looking for a e-body cruise signal lever in hopes of building a system.  Why, because just about every car I have owned for the last 20+ years has hand it, therefore I have a very difficult time maintaining a constant speed over time.  Sure around town is no issue, but the Florida Mopar Association meet in November is about a 2.5 hour drive for me and I have noticed that the longer the drive the heavier my foot gets.  Not that it's not fun and all, but I'm trying to avoid the nice officer giving me a winning ticket to the blue light special.
1971 Cuda - 383, Rallye Red, Rallye Cluster, Disc Brakes, Rear Defogger, A/C, Road Lamps, AM/FM Radio
Tag #1- N1B FE5 H6XW V1W A01 A62 B51 C16 C55 G11 G36 H31 H51 J25 J45 J54 L25 L31 L34 M21 M25 M31 M88 N41
Tag #2- N42 N85 R35 26

chaps70rt

I installed one of Tony's e-body turn signals.    Works Perfect!!
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi