Main Menu

Repair Mistakes & Blunders!

Started by RockAuto, March 29, 2017, 12:43:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

Sadly no, you should have seen the pick go right through.

"Oh not good"

:banana:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

ec_co

while I'm not proud of what I'm doing to my own to get it road worthy again on a very limited budget, sometimes we do what we gotta do to make things happen. most of the body on mine is pretty solid, but the trunk floor has several rust through holes (1/2"-2", no large gaps) and I'll never have the $$ to do it the right way, so I'm using a product called Miracle Paint in conjunction with fiberglass to fix the holes and seal the entire trunk. I'm of the frame of mind now that I just want to drive it, I'm not going to have a 15+ year project just sitting around waiting to hit the lottery so I can do it 'right', so I'm just getting it done on what I have so I can drive the piss out of it before something happens where I can't drive it or a manual any longer. its not a V or R code and will never be sold from me, so I don't really care anymore that it won't be perfect. just do it and drive it
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

erik70rt

Not an E-body - but a shot of the quarter of my Barracuda when the resto was started - approx 1" thick of bondo that wrapped around the quarter, over the whole rear valance and up the other quarter. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cudalbs

This is my front fender before going to get sandblasted.

This is what they found under the paint.

That bondo was at least and inch think and the real sad thing was their was no damage on the fender, it appears tha they built up the bondo so it would line up with the door.  :bricks:
"Love those round taillight cars"

ec_co

holy crap!!!   :soshelp:  that is the funniest and saddest thing I've seen in a long time  :rofl:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

1 Wild R/T

Looks like the work of H&M Autobody...  AKA Hack & Maim...... Where their motto is "Plastic is Fantastic"

Cudamike

This was covered with Bondo and a thick undercoating. The other side was just as bad.

HP_Cuda

Guess someone wanted to take some buckshot to their project.

:barf:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

:unbelievable:  WOW!!!!!   :Thud:

Quote from: Cudalbs on April 17, 2017, 03:31:23 PM

That bondo was at least and inch think and the real sad thing was their was no damage on the fender, it appears tha they built up the bondo so it would line up with the door.  :bricks:

ec_co

Quote from: HP_Cuda on April 18, 2017, 01:45:03 PM

Guess someone wanted to take some buckshot to their project.

:barf:

or kids. I was one of those dumb ass kids that thought it was cool to plug .22s and shotgun slugs into the old farm trucks on gramps' farm. didn't help that he encouraged me. looking back on it, there were some very cool '30s-'50s vehicles out there that should have been saved.

71GranCoupe

Simply amazing. Just when you think you have seen the most bizarre repairs that there are no words for and then ones like the above pictures makes the others looks like ordinary body work.  :looney:

jimynick

Quote from: Cudalbs on April 17, 2017, 03:31:23 PM

Boys, we're in the presence of an artist! Was this done at Mike's Autobody? Mike as in Michelangelo, because that is the greatest expression of sculpting that I've seen to date and I've been in the racket since 1971! It looks like he took at least 4 applications of "salve", as we used to call it, to achieve the height he was looking for and I've GOT to think that the weight should have been the "tell", let alone the wooden-like "thunk". Truly impressive and the boy missed his calling apparently. LOL  :unbelievable:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"