Main Menu

S83 Rim Blow steering wheel Now Available

Started by MoparDave, April 06, 2018, 01:04:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparDave

New Product Alert. S83 Rom blow steering wheel. 70-71 B and E body with the S83 sales code now in stock.

OER® Reproduction of the Rim Blow steering wheel kit for 1970 Dodge Challenger models. Manufactured to factory specifications with the correct wood grain pattern as original, this steering wheel features the correct inner horn activating ring around the whole wheel that made the Rim Blow steering wheel unique. Complete kit includes the wheel, mounting hub, horn cap and attaching nuts.

Note: This wheel is original equipment for 1970-71 E-Body models with S-83 Rim-Blow steering wheel option, but is a popular custom upgrade for other models not originally equipped with the S83 option

these are in stock and ready to ship.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=s83&search_in_description=1&imageField.x=15&imageField.y=5

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Timbbuc2

Nice addition, I paid twice that for a original and it was in ok condition, wish I had waited. :takemymoney:
Get in, I'll drive

Brads70

Nice! New crush cans too! I didn't know they were reproduced! :clapping:

Cuda Cody

That was a very needed item that has been hard to find for along time.   :clapping:  And the price is very fair too.   :banana:

tman

That's great!  Whomever gets one, please let me know if the actual rim horn switch works.  I purchased a repro rimblow several years ago (not an OER).  It has the inner rubber horn switch cover and wire attachment.  However, it does not work.  When its hooked up, the horn is activated.  There is no way to turn it off.  Seller did note that the switch did not work in any of their units.  I remember one of the steering wheel restorers was saying that he worked on one of the units I got and could make it work, but the channel was too small and additional work was needed to fit a new switch.  So I would sure like to know if the horn switch works.  The wheel itself looks great.

Plumcrazzy

Just curious. Are the spokes painted or plated?

RUNCHARGER

Great looking piece, I have always thought they are a classy addition.
Sheldon

anlauto

@ErikR  What are we doing for a steering wheel for your car ? This could be a nice option ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

That is awesome with fair pricing too .
Thanks Dave  :twothumbsup:

tman

Anlauto, You mentioned on another thread that your have ordered a couple of these steering wheels.  Does the horn switch work?  Thanks

Here is the thread I mentioned: 
https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/rim-blow-steering-wheel/5423/

Husk Challenger

I love it!!

Best looking steering wheel.... :worship:
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

anlauto

Quote from: tman on April 06, 2018, 10:03:41 PM
Anlauto, You mentioned on another thread that your have ordered a couple of these steering wheels.  Does the horn switch work?  Thanks

Here is the thread I mentioned: 
https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/rim-blow-steering-wheel/5423/

Short answer would be YES.....I installed one in a car that my customer now has and it was working when it left here. The other wheel is mounted on the column waiting for the rest of the car to be painted. Now, I can't say with 100% certainty, that they were OER wheels because the owner supplied them and bought them thinking they were original wheels, but I can't imagine anyone else making them as well.  :huh:

I do have another brand new one from OER that I just received last Tuesday, they look really nice, especially the Dodge center cap. I could install it in another car I have here to see if it works, but that seems like a lot of effort.... :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

larry4406

Looks very nice!

School me on the e-body crush cans for rim blows. I thought the steering wheels were interchangeable. I guess I'm wrong?

RUNCHARGER

Maybe I am wrong but if you can't find a true OEM switch maybe there is  no point in restoring an original wheel. If you have a Hemi convt. then I don't think any repro part should be on it but for almost anything else I think this wheel would make me happier than a fixed up original for probably less than half the price.
Sheldon

MoparDave

Quote from: Plumcrazzy on April 06, 2018, 05:16:00 PM
Just curious. Are the spokes painted or plated?

neither. not painted or plated.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/