Main Menu

S83 Rim Blow steering wheel Now Available

Started by MoparDave, April 06, 2018, 01:04:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tman

Quote from: anlauto on April 07, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
Quote from: tman on April 06, 2018, 10:03:41 PM
Anlauto, You mentioned on another thread that your have ordered a couple of these steering wheels.  Does the horn switch work?  Thanks

Here is the thread I mentioned: 
https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/rim-blow-steering-wheel/5423/

Short answer would be YES.....I installed one in a car that my customer now has and it was working when it left here. The other wheel is mounted on the column waiting for the rest of the car to be painted. Now, I can't say with 100% certainty, that they were OER wheels because the owner supplied them and bought them thinking they were original wheels, but I can't imagine anyone else making them as well.  :huh:

I do have another brand new one from OER that I just received last Tuesday, they look really nice, especially the Dodge center cap. I could install it in another car I have here to see if it works, but that seems like a lot of effort.... :rofl:

No need to do the work of exchanging them.  Just want to make sure they work.  Thanks.

Plumcrazzy

Mopar Dave. Not plated and not painted----then what kind of finish. Powder coat?

HEMICUDA

Quote from: tman on April 07, 2018, 04:49:28 PM
Quote from: anlauto on April 07, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
Quote from: tman on April 06, 2018, 10:03:41 PM
Anlauto, You mentioned on another thread that your have ordered a couple of these steering wheels.  Does the horn switch work?  Thanks

Here is the thread I mentioned: 
https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/rim-blow-steering-wheel/5423/

Short answer would be YES.....I installed one in a car that my customer now has and it was working when it left here. The other wheel is mounted on the column waiting for the rest of the car to be painted. Now, I can't say with 100% certainty, that they were OER wheels because the owner supplied them and bought them thinking they were original wheels, but I can't imagine anyone else making them as well.  :huh:

I do have another brand new one from OER that I just received last Tuesday, they look really nice, especially the Dodge center cap. I could install it in another car I have here to see if it works, but that seems like a lot of effort.... :rofl:

No need to do the work of exchanging them.  Just want to make sure they work.  Thanks.

You don't need to mount it, check continuity between the spade plug and any where on the center and squeeze the switch.

MoparDave

Quote from: Plumcrazzy on April 07, 2018, 05:50:51 PM
Mopar Dave. Not plated and not painted----then what kind of finish. Powder coat?

natural, looks like brushed metal to me. look at the pictures of the actual wheel.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Brads70

Quote from: MoparDave on April 08, 2018, 10:55:30 AM
Quote from: Plumcrazzy on April 07, 2018, 05:50:51 PM

natural, looks like brushed metal to me. look at the pictures of the actual wheel.

Are they stainless ( like the leather wrapped Tuff wheel by PG classics) ? Does a magnet stick?

MoparDave

stainless steel makes sense and yes a magnet sticks.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

anlauto

PG Classic had a Tuff Wheel, not a Rim Blow...............at least I don't think they did ??? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: MoparDave on April 09, 2018, 08:21:04 AM

Strange? A magnet won't stick to stainless. . I rechecked my Tuff wheel from PG classics and it is stainless a magnet doesn't stick.
I'm just curious and not in the market for one just trying to help out ID the finish?

MoparDave

Quote from: Brads70 on April 09, 2018, 01:07:57 PM
Quote from: MoparDave on April 09, 2018, 08:21:04 AM

Strange? A magnet won't stick to stainless. . I rechecked my Tuff wheel from PG classics and it is stainless a magnet doesn't stick.
I'm just curious and not in the market for one just trying to help out ID the finish?

the magnet used is a pretty strong one. So it really didn't hit it like against a metal cabinet. It could be a low grade stainless.? too much energy picking apart a part. It has a satin finish.

Cudakiller70

Our SS dishwasher is magnetic, but not our SS refrigerator.

Kewl_Wheels

Generally a 300 series stainless is nonmagnetic while a 400 series is magnetic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HEMICUDA

Received a wheel from OER, very nice piece.  Switch works perfectly and the center cap snaps on as original.

tman

Just installed mine.  Fit perfectly and horn works now.  Nice piece.

tman

I have had my Rimblow on for 2 weeks now.  I really like it, but just noted a negative issue.  Today I was at a car show and it was 89 degrees.  When I drove home, I noticed the silver tape trim around the circumference of the wheel was lifting up all around.  The lifting up look like tiny sharp peaks.  I was able to press some of them down, but some lifted back up.  Anyone else notice this?  Does anyone know of better tape to use?  I don't mind re-taping this area.  I do like the wheel, but that tape is not too good.  Thanks     

anlauto

Is it just the protective plastic coming off that should have been removed or is it the actual chrome ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration