Main Menu

S83 Rim Blow steering wheel Now Available

Started by MoparDave, April 06, 2018, 01:04:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YYZ

If you need replacement tape, it's available as 1/8" chrome pinstripe from most bodyshops and even the odd Autozone

Racer57

This is pic of mine. Whats involved to swap it out ?

anlauto

Quote from: Racer57 on July 23, 2018, 02:13:19 PM
Your wheel has three Philips screws on the back side, undo those, remove the horn pad pull off the horn cap,and you'll find three small 7/16 nuts, remove them and disconnect the wire and you're done. New wheel goes on the same way :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Racer57

Quote from: anlauto on July 23, 2018, 03:00:32 PM
Quote from: Racer57 on July 23, 2018, 02:13:19 PM
Your wheel has three Philips screws on the back side, undo those, remove the horn pad pull off the horn cap,and you'll find three small 7/16 nuts, remove them and disconnect the wire and you're done. New wheel goes on the same way :alan2cents:
For some crazy reason I had thought there was more involved. Thanks.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: E-bodies are easier than other cars. No steering wheel puller needed.
Sheldon

tman

Quote from: anlauto on July 23, 2018, 03:43:59 AM
Is it just the protective plastic coming off that should have been removed or is it the actual chrome ?
Anlauto, thanks for pointing that out.  It sure was a the protective plastic.  All is good now. 

RUNCHARGER

Ah: That's good news. I should order one of these wheels I think. Sometimes they only make 1 run.
Sheldon

tman

Dave at Roseville may have some, otherwise Classic Industries says "Arriving soon." 

MoparDave

not sure on the longevity of this wheel. but I do have  4 of them in stock.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/