Main Menu

Spartan Horn Set with Correrct mounting brackets for 67-71

Started by MoparDave, January 20, 2017, 08:23:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Cuda Cody

anlauto

Very nice but most 70-71 E Bodies use a Pestolite horn which looks slightly different :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

The Prestolite "trumpets" are totally different, I've never owned a 70-71 ebody with Spartan horns. :crying: :crying:

fc7cuda

Cuda Cody

I'm going to always look for the used good condition Pestolites, but if I build a resto mod or if someone doesn't care about date codes it's nice to know these brand new horns will fit and work.   :)

anlauto

:iagree: I think they are more of a B Body or A Body thing, or maybe even late E Body.....either way, they'll sell a ton of them :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparDave

production most likely were the prestolites. But in the replacement world that's a bit different with supersessions over time.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Cuda Cody

@twenty mike mike  I think the Pestolite horns that were predominately found on E-bodies had the straight horn like these (see red arrows in photo).  There's normally a date stamped on it too (yellow arrow).  A 3 digit code like 43 9 would mean the 43rd week of 1969.

But the Spartans should work fine.  On E-Bodies the horn is bolted to the inner fender (so the fender has the threads).  Some B-Bodies have the horn bolted the other way from the outside of the inner fender to the horn (so the horn has the threads)  So if you're looking for an E-Body horn make sure it does not have any threads for the bolt.  @MoparDave  might be able to confirm that these will work on E-Bodies and do not have the threaded bracket on them?

Quote from: twenty mike mike on February 14, 2017, 09:26:50 PM
Aren't these the Prestolite style? Even if they say Spartan on them.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/horn-set-hi-and-lo-spartan-oe-%23-2808868-2808869-all-72-to-85/products_id/8785

twenty mike mike

Ah, I see. Actually, I need the ones that MoparDave posted. I previously bought a set like the ones I posted from Classic that were advertised for B Bodies, but they don't fit. By the time I got around to installing them, they were well past their return expiration date  :crying:

How does the member discount work with Roseville?

Cuda Cody

You can send him a message on here (he's @MoparDave ) or call him on his direct line at 586-859-2575 and let him know you're with E-Bodies.org.  He takes great care of us!    :bradsthumb:

@twenty mike mike  would love to see some photos of whatever you're working on?     :popcorn:   Let us know if we can help with anything else.  There's a lot of great friendly people on here.   :slapme5:

twenty mike mike

I'm finishing this, and the horns are two of the last things to do. I'm thinking about an Ebody for my next project. Coincidentally, searching for Mopar horns led me to Dave's post here.

Cuda Cody

:inlove:  WOW!!!!   :bravo:  Incredible Charger man.  Love the road wheels, one of my favorites.  Are those 15"  They look so perfect on that car.

How long did it take you to do the Charger to that level?  Was this your first restoration or are you a seasons pro?  By the looks of it, this is not your first car you've restored.   :1place: