Main Menu

426ci Hemi Engine For Sale on BAT

Started by 303 Mopar, December 21, 2019, 06:15:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/plymouth-cuda-engine/?utm_source=transactionalemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bat_model_notification

This Plymouth Hemi V8 was originally produced for a 1970 Hemi 'Cuda, purchased by the seller as part of an estate sale 20 years ago, and kept in storage until a 2018 rebuild by Gray's Automotive of McMinnville, Oregon. The work included hot tanking and magnafluxing, a .040″ overbore from 426 to 433 cubic inches, and reassembly using a polished crankshaft, new bearings, and JE pistons with a 10.2:1 compression ratio. The cylinder heads were overhauled, the timing system renewed, and the resurfaced intake manifold fitted with two restored Carter four-barrel carburetors. Subsequent dyno testing recorded output of 453 horsepower and 461 lb-ft of torque. This rebuilt Hemi V8 is offered in Newberg, Oregon with rebuild invoices and a bill of sale.

Casting numbers and block stamps show a casting date of November 18, 1968 along with a machining date of June 26, 1969 and a 10,000-day calendar assembly date of 3003. The seller states that the original vehicle's serial number matched a Barracuda 'Cuda based on DMV records. Photos of block casting number 2468330-2 and other numbers can be seen in the gallery below.

303 Mopar

JS29

:lookatthat: What dose anyone think it will sell for?    :bigmoney:   :drooling:

Cuda Cody

what is it about a Hemi that just makes my heart skip a beat.  :inlove:  That is a pretty sweet package.  @ScottSmith_Harms  have you seen this one yet? 

Cuda Cody

@6bblgt  do you have any info on the Cuda that they say it came out of?

6bblgt

don't know of the 'cuda - first I heard of it was back in May '19 - engine was listed on Portland's Craigslist

ScottSmith_Harms

Yes I've seen that one, it's legit. Value guess? tough one to guess. A complete 70-71 core with no block repairs or damage, carbs to exhaust manifolds (assuming all is original parts), has got to be worth 25-30K, then add an expensive rebuild plus break-in on a dyno? 45-50K seems reasonable to me.   :alan2cents:

fc7cuda

Those exhaust manifolds don't look 1970.  Wonder what the # is on the $1,200 alternator?

Is this a no reserve auction?

Marty

SeventyTX9RTRag

Here is the VIN. I hope the car is still out there and the owner puts this back in his car!!

RzeroB

Nearest VIN to that number that I'm aware of is 159450 which is only three digits off and happens to be the Ramcharger's Candy-Matic HemiCuda.  :burnout:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Cuda Cody

dodj

:clapping:
Sure would be fun to have the pockets to be able to drop $33k on a motor....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cuda hunter

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on December 21, 2019, 11:01:51 AM
Yes I've seen that one, it's legit. Value guess? tough one to guess. A complete 70-71 core with no block repairs or damage, carbs to exhaust manifolds (assuming all is original parts), has got to be worth 25-30K, then add an expensive rebuild plus break-in on a dyno? 45-50K seems reasonable to me.   :alan2cents:

considerably less.  I wonder why it sold for only 32K?   

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee