Main Menu

AT that came with a 340 for sale $500

Started by MikeMikeMike, November 30, 2017, 10:47:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MikeMikeMike

So I've gotta start going through the pain of selling off stuff that is easier to let sit until I need to move it or trip over it. So here's a start...

The history that I know... I bought a built motor and this tranny came with it. The motor was a brand new build (cross scuff pattern still visible on cylinder bores) never survived the brake in period as apparently the springs were too stiff and resulted in some spun bearings. The guy gave up after that and sold the whole car and the new owner took out the drive train and sold it to me. The components used in the motor were pretty pricey.

What I'm GUESSING (or maybe more accurately, "hoping")is that the tranny was an aftermarket ad on to compliment the built 340. If its like the engine, it would be pretty low mile/ low wear. Its painted black and some aftermarket companies paint theirs black. If its stock, non-rebuilt then the only google match I got from the stamp was a 727 out of a '87 b250 conversion van. Looks like it was kept out of the weather but its probably been sitting for a couple years. That's my guess anyway based on exterior as well as interior condition/ age of parts of engine/ trans.

Price, so I'm trying to come up with a fair price that doesn't give it away but also has to compensate for the risk of unknowns for the buyer. It may be a regular old tranny or it may be a near new performance unit  :notsure:

So with that in mind, I'm thinking $500 is pretty fair. Add $100 if you want the torque converter that came with it. The torque converter is the same story, could be a performance Hughes unit or a run of the mill tc that someone spray painted red. The AT would come with any linkages tubes or mounts you see in the picture. Feel free to chime in if you think the price is way off or if you want to make an offer. I'm only posting this on e-bodies.org for now but after the holidays I'll probably push it out on crags list if its not gone by then.

I'm fine with strapping it to a pallet and assisting in loading. If you want to hire a freight service to come pick it up that's fine too. I'm not really too enthused about delivering it or taking it to a freight terminal unless it was real close to me. Especially around the holidays.

Email is best for me so just click on my profile to get that and I'll try to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge. If you want specific photos I can do that too. I'll have a bunch of other stuff to post for sale after the new year once I get organized.
Thanks
Mike

'71 Cuda Convertible 340
'71 International Harvester Scout II

MikeMikeMike

Here's the stamp:

Edit: And just to follow up, I'm not looking to get rich off this stuff and my integrity and reputation is way too important to me to risk on a sale gone bad (which is why I'm trying to sell it to this close knit group) so be sure to let me know if my pricing is way off.
'71 Cuda Convertible 340
'71 International Harvester Scout II