Main Menu

Big Block E Body 727 For Sale

Started by GoMangoBoys, October 08, 2019, 08:25:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I have a big block 727 that came with the 70 Challenger R/T that we just bought.  I know nothing about its condition.
$300
Copley Ohio
Zip code 44203

7E-Bodies

Is there a vin stamp? If it's not the original to the car, someone may be looking for it.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Might want to check the PK number on the driver's side lower rail...It could be a Hemi or six pack transmission  :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GoMangoBoys

Can one of you show me a photo or edit my photo to show me where to look for this info?
Thank you very much.

Burdar

QuoteIt could be a Hemi or six pack transmission

Or it could be out of a 76 Newport.

1 Wild R/T

As crusty & rusty as that front pump is the only reason someone is gonna give you $300 is if it's a semi/sixpack or matches their VIN.... Thats a $50-75 core...

VIN stamp is on a pad about the middle of the passenger side of the bell housing..
PK number is stamped on the rail just above the pan below the shift linkage....

Topcat

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 08, 2019, 03:56:57 PM
As crusty & rusty as that front pump is the only reason someone is gonna give you $300 is if it's a semi/sixpack or matches their VIN.... Thats a $50-75 core...

VIN stamp is on a pad about the middle of the passenger side of the bell housing..
PK number is stamped on the rail just above the pan below the shift linkage....

:iagree:

Place here in Hayward has cores stacked all over.
727 Big and small blocks.

js27

Quote from: GoMangoBoys on October 08, 2019, 01:38:31 PM
Can one of you show me a photo or edit my photo to show me where to look for this info?
Thank you very much.

I believe it is stamped on the pan rail.
JS27

6bblgt

EV2RTSE

I don't think $300 is out of line for an asking price. People will pay decent money for performance-era auto trans cores if they are looking to put the right pieces back on their car... I sold a PK3410668 which is what was used in 383 R/T Challengers, Roadrunners, etc. and got $250 for it as a core, and the buyer also needed it shipped from me in NJ all the way to the west coast. Also had another person interested in it from out west. And I sold a 67-68 383/440 auto trans for the same money and someone local quickly bought it from me because it was the right one for his 67 GTX. The 68-71 stuff is really drying up in a lot of places, but yeah any old big block C-body auto trans core is still easy to find.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GoMangoBoys

Thanks for the info.   I looked out over the other day.   I will look at it again now that I have more info.