Main Menu

Everyone likes a good finish

Started by 70/6chall, May 05, 2018, 10:29:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

Need some assistance again e-body enthusiasts. I'm considering selling a '70 Challenger SE/WSS rear finish panel. It is my back up panel since I have one on the car already. I've had it around now for 35 years, not sure where I picked it up. With all your vast knowledge here what kind of an interest do these things generate? Where are they at, price wise. I'll get some pics taken so I can post soon. In the mean time any info will help. I have no fasteners with it. I figured if I ever had to replace it I have the ones on the car.    Thanks,   Al

Cuda Cody

Condition is everything on these panels as they do cost a pretty penny to get fixed if they are not in good shape.  Post some photos when you can.

fc7cuda

There was one at the Pate swap meet last weekend.  Very straight metal, but needs argent repaint- $200.  Not sure if it sold, but he did give me the fasteners off it.  :twothumbsup:

Brads70

I've seen NOS ones at swap meets asking $1200 and mangled ones I wouldn't take for free asking $200. A Cody said condition is everything. Used ,good, decent condition I'd say $500 and up?

RUNCHARGER

I just wouldn't buy a mangled one. I imagine yours is pretty good if you kept it all these years, the values posted above seem to be in the ballpark. I am thinking $300-$700 sounds realistic depending on condition.
Sheldon

70/6chall

Absolutely correct Sheldon, if it wasn't in top condition I wouldn't have kept it. That's why I want to get some pics posted as soon as I can here. I'm cleaning out the garage of pieces I've picked up in the past. I pulled this trim piece down from the garage rafters where it has been for a good 35 years wrapped in plastic. I had it professionally restored years ago. Very straight, no dings or dents as close to NOS as you can get for a used piece. Polished mirror brite and the dark gray astrotone paint looks as if it were sprayed yesterday, the only fact here is it was not clear anodized. The back side is clean except where the metal guys did some metal stretching and work on it. I just thought what are these things going for and would it benefit me to sell it at this time. 35 years and I haven't touched it. I've seen them for sale in questionable condition for $450. to $550. But then as Cody stated then how much to put it in the condition mine is and I know they are not reproduced, I've checked. If you have one on your car like I do keep it from getting damaged. I just don't have extra fasteners.
     Thanks,   Al

RUNCHARGER

Sounds more like $700 at the lower scale then.
Sheldon

ToxicWolf

I paid $600 for a NOS one to put on my 70 Challenger.  But that was 3 or 4 years ago.  :thinking: