Main Menu

NOS 3438172 Alternator Clone

Started by cudaize, December 09, 2019, 04:57:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaize

Alternator assembled with all NOS parts except pulley.  The hub of the pulley is bent, presumably from someone not using the proper puller but it spins true.  Had it tested at auto parts store and it passed all tests. 

$550.00 including shipping in the continental US 48 states.

Mike Afflerbach
cudaize@comncast.net

anlauto

Mike, what makes it a clone of a 172 ? I don't see any numbers on it ? :dunno: Just curious  :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudaize

Alan,

I'm calling it a clone because it is built with all the components, all NOS except the pulley, that compromise a 172 alternator.  Not sure if this is the proper terminology or not.

anlauto

Thanks, Mike. I don't know enough about alternators to know the difference in the components, I thought other then the pulleys, and Amp output they were mostly all the basically same in appearance  :dunno:

It's a nice piece, good luck with the sale :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Bossgold

My original AAR alternator has 3438172 on the  base.  Then   2   5   2 (or some variable of this based on shift/line)  then the date below .  Mine is 50   69  for 50th week of 1969 and the other is 2 70  for second week of 1970

anlauto