Main Menu

NuPar horn button------new and exciting!

Started by Mickm, January 21, 2017, 06:21:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mickm

Hello Everyone,

I have designed a new alternative to the hum-drum horn buttons available for the e-bodies. These will be the first product in the NuPar line of aftermarket Mopar parts intended to give the builder, who appreciates the original design but wants a modern twist, an affordable alternative.

The NuPar Horn Button is styled after the original plastic Rim Blow button. It is made entirely from CNC machined 6061-t6 aluminum and comes standard in a brushed finish. Optional finishes will be available such as anodized (various colors) and dipped wraps including carbon fiber at an additional fee.

The button is intended to fit any '70-73 'Cuda and Challenger wheel that uses the original Mopar style horn switch . It will not fit the rim blow wheel as it does not mount using a spring. Instead it bolts securely into the horn button switch. 

This is the NuPar horn button on an original Rally wheel.

The center cap can be painted or coated.

It can be ordered with any logo or name photo etched on the button also.

This is what comes in the kit.

We are offering the horn button for $175 shipped anywhere in the continential USA.
Payment can be either a personal check or PayPal (we'll even eat the PP fee's) no credit cards yet.

If interested shoot me a PM to discuss your personal horn button style.

Mickm
NuPar Parts

Cuda Cody

Did you design and come up with that yourself?  Pretty click.  Looks like a lot of work went in to it!  Are you a machinist?  How did you get the idea to to do it?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mickm

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yes, I designed them. I am a semi retired engineer and thought the original horn button were boring. I liked the look of the rim blow button but it is plastic and just looks cheap to me, so I decided I wanted something better in my car that retained the look of the original but had a more model look and feel of quality.
I wouldn't say I am a machinist, although I did go to machinist school, I have never worked as a machinist.
I did not machine these, they are CNC machined by a company not to far from me.

This is my steering wheel and horn button. It is a 14" half-wrapped wheel that very closely resembles the original rally wheel but doesn't rub my leg when I get in the car leaving black marks on my pants. It originally had a ring that simulated a horn ring. I machined it off and polished it to get the look I wanted.

I hope to design more products under my MoPar name that others will have worthy of their cars. If you notice in the pic, you can see the abs printed gauge pods that locate a set of new SpeedHut gauges looking much like original but with a more model twist.

Cheers!
Mickm

303 Mopar

I just bought one from Mike and installed it yesterday. His instructions are very clear and come with great pics. All the material is very high quality. It took 10 minutes to swap out. I have the tuff wheel with the thicker leather rim from PG Classics.

Cuda Cody

61K T/A

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 22, 2017, 07:15:28 AM
I just bought one from Mike and installed it yesterday. His instructions are very clear and come with great pics. All the material is very high quality. It took 10 minutes to swap out. I have the tuff wheel with the thicker leather rim from PG Classics.

How do you like your wheel from PG? I need to replace my OE wheel.

72hemi

Life's too short to drive boring cars

303 Mopar

Quote from: 61K T/A on January 24, 2017, 12:19:44 PM

LOVE IT!  I would highly recommend this wheel.  The rim is thicker, softer, has excellent stitching compared to the Grant Tuff Wheel.  It is smaller than the OE wheels which helps us tall guys by giving a little more leg room.   :bigthumb:

Brads70

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 24, 2017, 01:28:05 PM
Quote from: 61K T/A on January 24, 2017, 12:19:44 PM

LOVE IT!  I would highly recommend this wheel.  The rim is thicker, softer, has excellent stitching compared to the Grant Tuff Wheel.  It is smaller than the OE wheels which helps us tall guys by giving a little more leg room.   :bigthumb:

:iagree:  for the same reasons mentioned, love the soft leather and the smaller diameter!  :bradsthumb:

61K T/A

To 303 Mopar and Brads70, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. :bigthumb: What is the diameter?

fc7cuda

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Quote from: 61K T/A on January 25, 2017, 01:27:17 AM
To 303 Mopar and Brads70, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. :bigthumb: What is the diameter?

14 1/4" OD

Brads70

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 25, 2017, 06:18:31 AM
Quote from: 61K T/A on January 25, 2017, 01:27:17 AM

14 1/4" OD
:iagree:  what the man said! Just to confirm... :wave: