Main Menu

Original 1970 Challenger 8-Track Bezel

Started by Floyd, November 06, 2021, 01:51:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

One year only original part in excellent condition.  No cracks or broken tabs.  Part number 2984046.  Correct for Challenger only.  Additional pics on request.

$400 plus shipping

SOLD

MKA

I might take it.  My 70 challenger came with a Cuda 8 track bezel.  #2984027.  By my eyes it looks exactly the same but I see 2 other posts that say it's different.   Any ideas if different.  The fit seems a little off to be honest but thought it was because of the incorrect c body 8 track radio that was stuffed in the car also.   All the bolt holes line up but the fit to the dash does seem just off slightly, but I studied your pictures and I can't tell a difference

MKA

I'll take it.  I see a small difference in the trim leading edge pattern.  Not sure if that's just a cosmetic difference but what the heck, cuda bezel to be posted shortly.  Floyd not sure if I can't take pms yet, new to the sight.  Same guy that pm you Friday on a different board about an old 8 track posting.   Thx Matt

Floyd

@MKA

That small ridge running the entire edge of the bezel is the only difference I'm aware of.  1970 Challengers had unique lower dash bezels (heater control and radio) that didn't have the ridge.  That was a one year only feature.  Dodge changed the bezels for 71-74 Challengers and used the same part used on 70-74 Cudas. 

I sent you a PM on FEBO

You can email me:  musclesigns AT comcast DOT net

Thanks

MKA

Just sent email.  Pm hasn't come thru.