Main Menu

Pedal assemblies

Started by 61K T/A, January 25, 2017, 01:37:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

61K T/A

I'm looking for a 70 4spd assembly. What's the difference(s) between the 70/1 and the 72/3/4?

fc7cuda

The pedal safety switch differs, if your using one.   :alan2cents:

Tom

anlauto

The shape of the arms and pedals :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Looked down as the end of the brake pedal arm and you'll notice the difference between a 70-72 vs the 73-74.   The 73-74 brake pedal has a twist at the end.  I borrowed these photos from Brewers so you can see the difference.  The Safety Switch is the hardest to find.  :alan2cents:

73Cudamann

I have another question on the 70 pedals? This is an extra set I have. I have seen some with small plastic inserts where the pedals mount to the bracket and some have needle bearings. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this? Ive heard before it is a V8 vs six cylinder thing?    :thinking:

anlauto

Nope...It's an early/late 1970 production thing. They started with plastic and switched to the bearing. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

Working on a couple at the moment. I am seeing the one 70 and my 71's where the clutch has needle bearings and the brake has only the bushings. On a set of the 73-74, same thing, clutch has bearings, and the brake has bushings. On the over center spring pin, the 71 and up has a smaller end the fits in the pedal housing, while the 70's have the larger end. See the picture below. This can be confirmed on Brewers site.  :cheers:

Cuda Cody

Learned something new today!     :clapping:

73Cudamann

Thanks guys I learned something new today as well. Can i switch it bearings? I think they would hold up better?

71GranCoupe

You may want to contact Brewers about the bearings. On the clutch arm if you look at the inside of the tube where the shaft goes, you can see where the bearings will fit between two ridges, two sets on each side, the brake arm as far as I know, the bushings just push in. Everytime I order they always confirm with what I want/need and get me fixed up.
First picture is the brake arm, basically straight through tube, bushings just push in, while the second (clutch arm) shows the remains (the two collars) of the bearings that were removed before soaking.

Check out the link.  http://www.brewersperformance.com/products.asp?cat=41