Main Menu

Rare - Barracuda M46 Scoops

Started by MoparZ, April 14, 2024, 04:28:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparZ

I recently joined this site to get some information on the M46 scoop option for some Barracudas.  I bought these scoops in a package of misc. parts from a older gentleman that collected different cars over the years.  He told me these were a rare option on Barracudas and thought that he had bought them at a swap meet some 20+ years ago.  I have NO other information about the car they came from, where it was, etc.  They appear to be in decent condition given their age.  They do not appear to have ever been painted, or if they have, they have been stripped of any, and the black rubber type coating is in good shape on the outside.  As you can see, there is some peeling on the back side and from what I can tell, the metal underneath appears to be more of a galvanized metal rather than cast, etc.  Someone mentioned broken studs, but I can't see anywhere that there ever were any.  I saw a pair that sold about a year ago for about $1,500.00 and they were out of the US.  I'm in AZ, so I'll start in that range and go from there...giving consideration to all reasonable offers.  If you need a pair of these, I can't imagine they come up for sale very often.  Let me know if you need additional pictures of anything in particular.       

Mr Cuda

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

krazy931

always been curious what the outer layer of these things were, thought maybe because of thickness it was like a cast part but in these pictures it looks like its more sheet metal encased into something else, i know @cuda hunter might have a explanation

cuda hunter

Quote from: krazy931 on April 17, 2024, 05:22:57 PMalways been curious what the outer layer of these things were, thought maybe because of thickness it was like a cast part but in these pictures it looks like its more sheet metal encased into something else, i know @cuda hunter might have a explanation
Steve,
Check this thread that I created.  Lots of information about the details.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/m46-scoop-details/16458/msg217150#msg217150
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee