Main Menu

SOLD - Restored woodgrain 3 spoke steering wheel

Started by CudaJim, October 30, 2022, 11:42:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaJim

I've been holding it but now decided I'm unlikely to ever use this restored steering wheel.

Wheel was restored by Jerome Verbit, I've had it about 12 years.  Beautifully restored wheel, including the backside and black pad- ready to bolt on.

Price reduced from $450 to $400 plus shipping. I'd prefer to ship in the US only.

Thanks

fc7cuda

Wow, @CudaJim that's a great looking wheel!  Verbit did a great job, still missed.  :andyangel:

CudaJim

Price reduced in the original post above from $500 to $450.

cudamadd

Very nicely restored wheel  good luck with the sale .

70_440-6Cuda

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

CudaJim

JH27N0B

I have a Jerome Verbit restored steering wheel I lucked into getting off ebay for a good winning bid probably 15 years ago.  I used it on my T/A restoration.
Back then when I was watching eBay on an almost daily basis looking for rare parts for my project, I saw one or two NOS ones come up that if memory serves, sold for around $3000!
I've never been able to look at an NOS or mint original one up close, to compare to the restored ones Verbit did.  I felt that maybe it's a bit dark and not as glossy finish compared to original, but on the other hand, it just might be that originals faded a bit and got a little glossier from many miles of hands gripping them, but unless I ever get a chance to see an NOS one I'll never know for sure.

CudaJim

@JH27N0B
Yes, the Jerome Verbit wheel is slightly darker brown and less glossy and has less woodgrain detail than the original wheel finish, which didn't last very long.  Here are some comparison pics, as I have a 95+% original finish wheel.  Some of the pics compare a typical worn finish /tan wheel (blue pad), the Verbit wheel, and the excellent original/assembly line finish wheel.  There are also a couple of closeups of the 'wood joints' on the survivor wheel.

CudaJim

FYI, someone wanted the original finish steering wheel in the pics above, and a deal was made, so it is sold.  The Jerome Verbit restored steering wheel is still available.  Thanks, Jim

fc7cuda

Quote from: CudaJim on November 10, 2022, 09:22:15 AM
FYI, someone wanted the original finish steering wheel in the pics above, and a deal was made, so it is sold.  The Jerome Verbit restored steering wheel is still available.  Thanks, Jim

:clapping:

CudaJim

Price reduced from $450 to $400 plus shipping, prefer to ship only in the US.  Jim

CudaJim

Price reduced to $350 for Verbit restored wheel.  US shipping only, sorry.  Jim

CudaJim

Verbit restored wheel is sold.  Going to California, then Finland, thanks Pasi.  Jim