Main Menu

1970-71 ORIGINAL REAR BLACK CUDA/BARRACUDA CONVERTIBLE PANELS

Started by JEJJ, August 04, 2022, 06:20:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JEJJ

Hello,

I need a NICE pair of black 1970-71 Cuda/Barracuda rear inner convertible plastic panels, no cracks, no speaker holes, and not chalky.

Any help appreciated, cash or NOS parts + cash possible trade if needed. Please let me know.

Thank you
Jim

716-997-0070

bakurruda@aol.com

Mr Cuda

You and me both have wanted ads.
Now it's a popularity contest!!

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Cuda

I actually called him and spoke about the condition.
They have a scratch,  and some chowdering on the entry edge.
I could not get him to admit that they have the beginnings of chalk happening,  so it would require a trip in person to check them out.
I was willing to do that,  2000 miles one way,. But no negotiations beyond maybe Ebay fees were entertained .
He's holding out for a lost hemi car or something.  I love my car, but I intend to drive it, that's why I bought it.

anlauto

Is that Greg from the Ponderosa ? If so member ErikR drove out there to buy a set of brown ones a few years ago, they were so terrible that we didn't even end up using them  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Mr Cuda

It was.  Is your friend the one with the brown pair on Ebay  right now?
I'd  consider them off ebay,  even after just sending money to Ola for a pair with speaker holes.

Hence my thread about repairing wasted door panels  and texture.
I'm pretty much there for appearance,   Not looking forward to having to fix PP plastic  panels,  although I know I can.
But close texture is better than palco fit.

anlauto

I'm not in contact with the member from here anymore, so I don't know if the brown ones on eBay are his or not, sorry. I would doubt it, that was going back 4 years or more

anlauto

ragtopdodge

Just get your's (and fronts to match) redone by JustDashes.

WOn't be 100% correct, but will fit and look good.

jillhan4

jillhan4

ragtopdodge

The current Accuform or Palco door panels suck, but better than nothing.

Too bad the infamous "Metro" are not available for rear 'verts.

Again, if you can't find originals in great condition ($$$), JustDashes works.  Or maybe a shop like (CS?) that Kindig has them do their interiors can do it.  I saw an episode of a white 70 challenger hardtop getting the panels re-covered in super thin leather.  Looked great but of course, not stock.

I think Just Dashes will probably redo all four for maybe $3k.

anlauto

Does anybody have pictures of E Body convertible panels restored by Just Dashes they can share ?