Main Menu

1970 Challenger lower right dash trim

Started by GoMangoBoys, February 18, 2021, 04:42:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I need a lower right trim piece for the dash on our 70 Challenger.  I thought ours was good, but as I am putting it back together, I see it is broken.

Dakota

My long trim piece was broken in two places.  I was able to "weld" it back together with a soldering iron.   So far, it's held together well.  There are still hairline cracks present but you'd have to know to look for them to see them.  I'm happy to talk further if you'd like to try this approach.

More on plastic repair on this thread:  https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/plastic-repair-using-plastex/9497/

GoMangoBoys

Thanks @Dakota   Unfortunately, I don't have the missing piece.

71383bee

73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Skdmark

AFAIK the AC dash trim is not reproduced.
Tony's has the lower trim that goes around the heater controls and the radio. In addition to the bezels.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

71383bee

I thought the picture was referring to the trim that goes around the radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71383bee

I thought the picture was referring to the trim that goes around the radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoMangoBoys

The piece that I need is the piece that goes under the radio and wraps up to the side of the instrument cluster.  It is broken where it meets the dash pad as can be seen in the photo.  There is a piece missing on the inside corner.

anlauto

Yup, Tony's reproductions are real nice  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GoMangoBoys

Thanks.  Does anyone know if the one that Roseville sells is the Tony's parts reproduction?  I am about to place a big order with Roseville and it would be convenient to buy theirs.  I will make the extra effort if it is not Tony's.

anlauto

Quote from: GoMangoBoys on February 20, 2021, 07:02:47 AM
Thanks.  Does anyone know if the one that Roseville sells is the Tony's parts reproduction?  I am about to place a big order with Roseville and it would be convenient to buy theirs.  I will make the extra effort if it is not Tony's.

Of course they do  :twothumbsup: https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/70-challenger-right-hand-lower-dash-trim/
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

My experience is that Roseville tries to source the best components in each category. Dave has a good feel for what are good parts and what are bad parts.  Plus, they offer a discount to our group.  :ohyeah:

Skdmark

Whoops my bad. Lower right dash trim had me thinking the AC trim on the passenger side.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: