Main Menu

1970 Challenger Turn Signal Lever

Started by Jalaska907, November 23, 2023, 10:48:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jalaska907

Im looking for a 1970 Challenger Turn Signal Lever-  Please Message me if you have one you would like to sell

Thank you

Cuda Cody

The E body is shorter, but pretty much all the A, B and E levers will work.  This is one of those items that buying new is the way to go, but if you are looking to save a couple bucks, good used ones are out there.

What condition are you trying to find?  How "used" are you okay with?

Jay Bee

I was lead to believe that the shaft of the new reproduction ones were too shiny, like chrome whereas the originals had more of a brushed satin look. Same as the finish on repo ignition switches vs originals. Maybe that's why the OP posted.

Cuda Cody

Yes!  you're right.  For 1970 they are different. 

Quote from: Jay Bee on November 25, 2023, 02:36:10 PMI was lead to believe that the shaft of the new reproduction ones were too shiny, like chrome whereas the originals had more of a brushed satin look. Same as the finish on repo ignition switches vs originals. Maybe that's why the OP posted.

Jalaska907

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 25, 2023, 01:51:17 PMThe E body is shorter, but pretty much all the A, B and E levers will work.  This is one of those items that buying new is the way to go, but if you are looking to save a couple bucks, good used ones are out there.

What condition are you trying to find?  How "used" are you okay with?

Thanks for the insight,  I know Ill find om original since i ordered a repop from tonys parts.  Looks like he has the 8.5" repop which is the closest match to OEM.

Once it gets here, Im going to re-watch your column video for the millionth time, and get the column together.   Ill also post pics once I move the car over to the shop when I start installing some items.

R/T's 4 R/P

I have used Tony's and just scuffed it with a scotchbrite pad to match the satin look.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Cuda Cody