Main Menu

1970 Cuda passenger door upper molding

Started by usraptor, April 14, 2020, 06:09:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

One step forward and two back.  So last year I accidently dropped a heavy tool on top of the metal molding that sits on top of the passenger door on my '70 Cuda and dented it pretty severely.  I guess I should be relieved that I didn't did dent the door panel or scratch the paint.  Anyway, I left it for the summer even though it bothered the crap out of me every time I saw the dent.  So today I took it off and intended to hammer out the bent with a small  hammer and dolly, sand and polish it again.  The edge was also slightly dented/creased and while attempting to bend up the lip slightly to get to the dent/crease on the edge I managed to put a whole in it  now so it useless.  :pullinghair:   I guess when I sanded and polished it the first time I got it pretty thin.  :headbang:  So I went on line and checked various vendors and naturally everybody sells them as set of four and I only need the passenger side door molding.  So before I bite the bullet and spring for a whole set I was just wondering if anybody might have an extra one laying around that they're not going to use that I could buy off you. Doesn't have to be perfect, just driver quality.  I'm willing to sand and polish any scratches or small dings out of it as I  did with my original moldings. 

screamindriver

Did you sand and polish your other pieces ?? That anodized trim might not match each other if some are stripped and polished and some are not..

usraptor

Yes they were all sanded and polished.  Now look like chrome.

71vert340

I may be able to help you. I found a piece of trim in my shop today and it's not for my Challenger or 74 Charger. It goes on the top of a door and is 46-3/4" long and 3/4" wide.  I'll include a few photos. Maybe someone can Id it for sure. It has an old piece of tape with my handwriting that says 70-71 Cuda Pass Door. I don't know when and where I got it. I. Shipping it will be tricky. I'm in Kennewick, Wa.  My neighbors drove to SLC on Saturday. Wish I had known. Look and let me know by PM
Terry

usraptor

That's it.  I'll send you a PM.  Thanks :bravo:

JS29