Main Menu

1971 Bumperette wanted can be in bad condition

Started by Daveh, December 05, 2017, 08:58:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

As some of you know as I'm putting the 71 Challenger together and I ordered some AMD rear bumperettes figuring hey they are AMD they will fit perfect.  Well I was wrong.  They just don't tuck into the valance enough.  They stick out way too far for me.  So my solution is to work my bumperettes to tuck them in. 

What I'm looking for is a bumperettes to experiment on to get it to fit so I can then transfer that dimension to the new ones.  So I'm looking for ones in any shape.  One that you may even consider throwing away because I'm going to be grinding on it anyway.  Let me know what you have.  Thanks

Dave

Daveh

Brads70

I kept my old ones when I replaced them with new ones? The issue I found is the rear bumpers fit like crap they are warped down towards the ends when they should be straight causing the bumperettes to stick out because they don't fit up on the bumper like the originals do.   :alan2cents:

Daveh

I tried the site listed above but no go.  He doesn't have much E-body stuff any longer.  Good try.  Thanks

Daveh

Brads70,

So what did you do to get yours to fit? 

Brads70

Quote from: Daveh on December 15, 2017, 11:46:47 AM
Brads70,

So what did you do to get yours to fit?

Nothing yet it's really frustrating me. I was hoping someone would come out with a nicer bumper and I'd buy another one. I might have to get my original re-chromed?

Daveh