Main Menu

1971 Cuda Billboards

Started by GY9 CUDA, August 16, 2018, 06:30:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GY9 CUDA

I live in Chicago and i'm looking for someone in the area that knows how to install Billboards on my 71 Cuda, any help would be appreciated.

Cuda Cody

Most sign companies should be able to installed them for you at a reasonable cost.  It's not very hard if you know what you're doing and they should have plenty of experience applying vinyl.

303 Mopar

:iagree:  Look for a sign, decal or sometimes even a detail shop will know how to do it.

Shane Kelley

They are not horrible to do except in the rear below the marker lights. That's where everyone gets in trouble and it fought me for a while. Some guys do a cut in the vinyl between the marker and the bumper. It is hard to notice once it's done but it can be done without doing it. I would look for somebody who does wraps.  :alan2cents:

farmboy70

And if they would make them out of 1080 wrap material anyone could install them.
Dave

Claudia

:alan2cents: I 100% agree with Shane on this one.  I paid to have mine installed by a guy who does wraps.  I have tried to build my entire car from start to finish by myself and this was one of the two things that I have decided thus far to leave to the professionals (other being the headliner installation).  I watched this guy install my billboards from start to finish and watched him struggle with the lower corners below the rear side marker lights forever and he had installed several '71 billboards in the past and even told me before starting that it was going to give him troubles.  I would pay to have them installed again if I ever needed to.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Shane Kelley on August 17, 2018, 09:00:18 AM
They are not horrible to do except in the rear below the marker lights. That's where everyone gets in trouble and it fought me for a while. Some guys do a cut in the vinyl between the marker and the bumper. It is hard to notice once it's done but it can be done without doing it. I would look for somebody who does wraps.  :alan2cents:

I applied them to my 1972 'Cuda after a repaint and were not bad at all, except those are way easier than the massive '71's.
BUT on my 1971 when it comes time I will probably follow you guys advice and have a pro do it.
MAYBE! depending how I feel that day  :haha: