Main Menu

1971 Factory Cassette Tape Sound of Stereo

Started by 1971B2, June 04, 2019, 04:35:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1971B2

Looking for an original 71 cassette tape that was included with cars that had the cassette player option. Believe it was in the glove box. Thanks
hundred117@comcast.net

anlauto

Not a great selection of songs  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1971B2

I agree, songs are a little rough, looking to detail out my glove box and missing this. What are you looking to get for it ? Thanks

1971B2

anlauto

Can anyone confirm the picture I posted is the 1971 tape ? That's what I was told when I bought it years ago. Anyone @mccannix ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

mccannix

Alan...@anlauto does yours have a part number shown on the edge of the sleeve as shown with this 72 demo that I have.
Part number for 1971 cassette demo should be 3500151.
I have that one but cant seen to locate it now.
This grainy photo from the 71 Cuda brochure shows the one as advertised as 71 demo but may have just been for press release ,
or it may in fact be 3501151.

6Pack70

They are date coded on the side also.  Here's my old one.  It now resides in the glovebox of the blood money 71 Hemicuda along with the NOS Cassette player setup. 

anlauto

Well that's cool...mine has part number 3501151 on it and the tape is dated 2320 :banana:

anlauto

Does anybody have one they want to sell ? 1971B2 is making a pretty serious offer for one  :bigmoney: 

1971B2

Still looking ,  and thanks everyone for the pics and information. I can be contacted at hundred117@comcast.net if anyone would like to sell. Thx Mike

1971B2

anlauto

If you're looking for something to just throw in your glove box....I will sell you this one for $40.00 USD Plus shipping (which could be close to $20 these days)
HOWEVER...It does NOT have the correct tape inside, the plastic case is a little scruffy, and the cover is just a copy. It does look very convincing.

1971B2

I appreciate the offer but am really trying to stay original. I will keep looking, there has to be someone out there willing to part with one!

1971B2

Still looking, anyone have one for sale ? Thanks Mike hundred117@comcast.net  or 860 424-6125

70 Top Banana

Hmmm, well, with the songs on that tape, I would have guessed it was in a 4 door Newport.