Main Menu

3743859 OD Bellhousing

Started by shadwolf, November 17, 2021, 08:55:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

shadwolf

Anyone have one and willing to ship to Arkansas zip 72058? Thanks!

blown motor

Welcome to the forum @shadwolf . Go to the introductions page and tell us about yourself and your car.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

shadwolf

Thank you! I just did, posted here https://forum.e-bodies.org/new-members-introductions-roseville-moparts/3/long-time-lurker/23558/

I realize I probably should have announced myself before posting a want-ad. Maybe I got that a little out of order  ;)

Chryco Psycho

Welcome
as another option you could trim down the front brg retainer to 4.80 & use a belhousing with the 4.80 hole

shadwolf

I bought three OD trannies from one dude for a song, and somehow, one of the OD trannies I picked up actually has a 4.80 inch bearing retainer on it so I thought I might go that direction. I picked up one of the new Lakewood LK7000 bellhousings that will support a 4.80 retainer, but the alignment rings that were supposed to be included with the bell weren't in the box. I'm trying to work that out now with the seller. The box had a return packing slip in it from the person who had it before me so they apparently kept the rings and shipped it back without them.

I thought that if I could find one of the OD bellhousings though I might go that route. While I like the Lakewood bellhousing, it looks like it requires a proprietary clutch fork pivot bracket. I'm not a fan of proprietary parts. On the bright side it appears to use a standard mopar fork boot and small block dust cover, though they don't advertise that for some reason. Their documentation on this bellhousing is really poor.