Main Menu

4-speed parts

Started by b5cuda, February 09, 2018, 01:31:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

b5cuda

Hi, still need a few parts for a 4-speed conversion: clutch/brake pedal assembly, linkage and tabs, small block z-bar.  What do you have?

b5cuda

Thanks CP!  Not a bad price - will end up buying new if I don't find used.

Chryco Psycho

I doubt you will find used any cheaper

HP_Cuda

I saw some sets at the last Fall Fling, so if you can wait you can probably find some.

You could also try calling Ron too!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

b5cuda

Thanks for the tips!  I live in the Midwest now so probably won't get to Fall Fling.  Which Ron do you mean?

71GranCoupe

Key is to keep looking and be patient. Have not seen many lately, but most list for around 500. Seems to be the going rate. Lots of A&B body ones, E-Body ones not so much. I did see one last month go for around 400 shipped.  70-72 are similar while 73/74 the pedals are shaped and bent different. I had a 73/74 clutch pedal awhile back and just the peddle sold to a guy I know and he volunteered 125 for it. He was happy as could be, as he had been searching for a long time.

Might want to check Brewers too. Good luck.

b5cuda

Right, thanks.  BTW - I notice a difference in shift rods between 70-72 and 73-74.  Does the year of the shift rods need to match the year of the pedals?

71GranCoupe

Quote from: b5cuda on February 11, 2018, 03:10:37 PM
Right, thanks.  BTW - I notice a difference in shift rods between 70-72 and 73-74.  Does the year of the shift rods need to match the year of the pedals?

I am not up to speed on the different rods and hopefully someone can post some info on why the change.  I know the reverse rod is way different, not sure why the change though.   :popcorn:

JonH

I may have everything you need except the pedals. Some of it is new and some used. I went hydraulic, so I have all the linkage including a new frame bracket. Pm me if you would like a list and or pictures of what I have.

b5cuda

Chryco Psycho

the reverse rod is very different in later years , I like the 70-71 reverse rod better as it will clear the H or X pipe better & doesn't hang as low but I see no reason why you cannot use either , you can also use different levers on the side of the transmission , I like the 70 shift levers best as they have 2 sets of holes , the holes closest to the pivot will shorten the shift throw , which is an advantage .

b5cuda

Great info - that's very helpful, thanks!

Crocha617

I have a set of pedals I'd probably sell they also have both switches on them. I believe they are 70-71 but I have to confirm. I'd probably want $500 with the clutch switch.

b5cuda

Thanks everyone, think I'm pretty much set.  Appreciate all the responses and pointers!