Main Menu

70 challenger convertible rear seat side panels (quarter trim panels)

Started by Shawn, September 20, 2018, 06:44:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shawn

Hello, I'm in need of nos or restorable quarter trim panels (rear seat side panels) for a 70 Challenger convertible manual crank (black preferred).
I currently have 10-12 year old new Accu-form panels that are just sad, and I have heard they aren't any better today.
Thanks

anlauto

I have some with speaker holes... :pullinghair:

A guy was selling a set at Carlisle with small 4" speaker holes and he still was asking $1000/pr  :drunk:  I talked to him Sunday and he said they were sold  :dunno:

I had two sets of original panels for this car and ended up using the reproductions from Classic Industries. Maybe @bpsmopar can chime in on his thoughts  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

I've got a friend with 3-4 sets that he considered selling a couple years ago but when I posted a WIW over on CC.com I got a bunch of folks telling me they were only worth about what he paid for them back in the early 90's...  He put them back in storage & hasn't mentioned them again....

None are great but a couple sets are pretty fair.... 

I think he's got two white sets, one is chalky, the other is pretty good...
One set of red panels, chalky & been dyed a few times
a pair of black ones, I think they have speaker holes & one has a crack...

All of them could go to Just Dashes & come back decent... I'm not a fan of the process but honestly there aren't many options these days....

RUNCHARGER

I think there is a set on Moparts as well that need a trip to Just Dashes.
Sheldon

Crocha617

I have a mediocre pair of white power window challenger convertible panels. They do not have speaker holes but have a couple of chaulky  areas. I also have a really bad set that have manual windows that I was going to use to patch the power window holes if I ever got desperate for a set. I'd probably sell them if you have interest.

Cuda_mark

I don't think you would ever find NOS ones. If you did, the owner would probably be asking north of $10K. I have a couple of sets of decent Cuda ones but that won't help...

Rich G.

I bought a pair of palco panels on eBay last year. The grain is a little different from the front original panels but mine were so bad I had no choice. Overall I thought they were very good and fit pretty good too. Can't beat OEM but them days are gone. I talked to legendary interiors and they recommended redoing all 4 panels so they match but you're looking at 2Gs +

anlauto

:iagree: In the blue picture I posted above all the panels were painted, even the new blue Metro door panels.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shawn

Hello all,
I'm still on the hunt for a decent set of factory rear quarter trim panels for a 70 challenger convertible, manual crank, without speaker holes (if possible).
Thanks

ragtopdodge

Quote from: anlauto on September 20, 2018, 06:50:20 PM
ended up using the reproductions from Classic Industries. Maybe @bpsmopar can chime in on his thoughts  :dunno:

Are those Palco?

Metro/Roseville doesn't make rear 'vert panels (no matter how many people plead for them to make them), so that only leaves 3 options:

- Accuform
- Palco
- OEM redone by Just Dashes

Maybe a 4th option:

- OEM covered in vinyl or leather (JS Interior on Bitchin Rides did a hardtop in black leather; looked awesome but not OEM of course)

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: ragtopdodge on November 16, 2018, 01:46:05 PM
Quote from: anlauto on September 20, 2018, 06:50:20 PM
ended up using the reproductions from Classic Industries. Maybe @bpsmopar can chime in on his thoughts  :dunno:

Are those Palco?

Metro/Roseville doesn't make rear 'vert panels (no matter how many people plead for them to make them), so that only leaves 3 options:

- Accuform
- Palco
- OEM redone by Just Dashes

Maybe a 4th option:

- OEM covered in vinyl or leather (JS Interior on Bitchin Rides did a hardtop in black leather; looked awesome but not OEM of course)

Palco/Accuform is the same thing...

anlauto

Yes, I've used two sets....I thought they were labeled "Dashtop" I think :thinking:

soundcontrol

Oh crap, didn't know they were worth that much money...got a nice black set that I keep in my shed, other parts on top of them. Better go out tomorrow and wrap them in bubble plastic at least.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 16, 2018, 04:09:05 PM
Yes, I've used two sets....I thought they were labeled "Dashtop" I think :thinking:

Dashtop/Palco/Accuform... All the same...If people realize the product is crap change the name not the product....