Main Menu

70 Challenger SE Finish Panel Clips

Started by plymouthbelvy, July 24, 2018, 04:52:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

plymouthbelvy

Hi all.Where do I get a 70 Challenger SE finish panel clips set? I have panel but have none of the attaching clips to install.Any help where to buy a set.Thanks.

70/6chall

Plymouthbelvy..........the fasteners for the 70 Challenger SE rear finish panel are harder to find than locating a decent rear finish panel itself.  The finish panels are not reproduced nor are the fasteners. You are lucky in the sense that you have a panel to use, I hope it's in decent condition. I saw 2 panels recently on-line, 1 needing some attention for a driver at $425. and an NOS 1 for about $2,000. As for fasteners either you'll have to get lucky and find someone who has a set to sell or put a set together yourself. I can show you in a photo of what you'll need to find, these are my extra stash. My Challenger has the finish panel on it, but the fasteners are in use at this time. Wish you luck thanks,   Al

plymouthbelvy

Hello and thanks for the reply.Mine is in great shape.It was really nice but sent it to MCB and had it perfected.I now need the fasteners.Didnt know they were so hard to find.Thanks for the pics and info.Want to sell your EXTRA STASH?? Thanks.

RUNCHARGER

Lots of people looking for those. You may have to make some up (modify something else) I don't think it would be all that hard to do.
Sheldon

70/6chall

Sheldon is correct, there is a lot of people looking for those things. I was able to pick up another panel years ago as a back up in case of a mishap. So it was at that time that I had both panels professionally restored. I have had that panel now for for over 30 years, I guess I won't be damaging the original one on the car anytime soon. So as of late I was wondering what I could get if I sold it. I wouldn't give it away, I would not hesitate to put it on a show car. The panel is very nice and then again the fasteners are hard to come by, I've just had these things sitting around for years. Here's photos of the panel.   Thanks,   Al

Voodoo Child

Quote from: 70/6chall on July 24, 2018, 06:03:23 PM
Plymouthbelvy..........the fasteners for the 70 Challenger SE rear finish panel are harder to find than locating a decent rear finish panel itself.  The finish panels are not reproduced nor are the fasteners. You are lucky in the sense that you have a panel to use, I hope it's in decent condition. I saw 2 panels recently on-line, 1 needing some attention for a driver at $425. and an NOS 1 for about $2,000. As for fasteners either you'll have to get lucky and find someone who has a set to sell or put a set together yourself. I can show you in a photo of what you'll need to find, these are my extra stash. My Challenger has the finish panel on it, but the fasteners are in use at this time. Wish you luck thanks,   Al
Is the kit from Jim's actually correct? If it's correct I'll pay the price. I bought a nice rear finish panel from Tony's a few years back and would love to install it but I also can't find a hardware kit. I hit up R/T Specialties ever year at Carlisle but no luck and he wasn't there this year. Any new info on a hardware kit would be helpful! :bigthumb:   

rftroy

If you are talking about Jimsautoparts.com, you might want to do a google search on Jim's Auto parts reviews first.
Robert
70 Challenger. On rotisserie. 505, Six Pack, 5SR A-855 5-speed, 3.55, B7 blue;
AAR, 4-speed, 3.91, Tor-Red;
70 440 6 pack Roadrunner, 4-speed, 3.54, Plum Crazy;
68 Formula S conv, 383, 4-speed, 3.23, Electric Blue;
69 Barracuda conv, Slant 6, OD4, 2.94, 71 B5 blue;
78 Lil' Red Truck, Red