Main Menu

70 E-Body Space Saver

Started by FlatlandTA, December 19, 2018, 01:46:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FlatlandTA

Looking for correct space saver rim and B.F.Goodrich tire for 70 e-body. Could use two actually but 1 if you got,would consider just the rim if that's all you have or just the tire . Let me know thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bpret

I have been looking for one also. Very hard to find and if one turns up they are very expensive. I need everything for my trunk. It's hard to justify the price for something I will never use. Could you imagine putting a bumper jack on a restored car and inflating a space saver😳

JH27N0B

I found a rim around 8 years ago and thought finding a tire for it would be easy.
No such luck!
Finally got a break when some guy started selling off his late fathers Ford stuff on eBay and listed some space saver BF Goodrich tires.  The nice ones sold high, but I took a chance on a tired looking one and got it cheap. 
Installing it was another adventure.  A friend had a repair shop with a tire machine.  No problem right?  We ended up fighting that thing for over an hour!  Finally we found an old thread on Moparts by the late Jules about installing them.  Turned out you had to fully inflate them, then quickly deflate after seating the bead.  I was sure the tire would get trashed, but we did it, and it worked!  The tired tire actually looked better installed than uninstalled.  :woohoo:
Hope you get lucky finding one.

Fastmark

There is one on the Moparts site for $1000.