Main Menu

71-74 ebody dash

Started by AH1S, August 30, 2017, 02:41:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

AH1S

I'm looking for a mint original dash no ac 1 speaker in black.

Cuda Cody

The reproduction are pretty nice if you can not find a NOS or good used one.  I think I have 1 NOS 1970 Cuda dash left.  I don't have any 71+.  Sorry.

AH1S

I would rather not use a restored dash.I have a dash from just dashes in one of my cars.It looks to puffy and one from UR I got during a group buy. The grain is not right, it looks like the skin was stretched in a couple of spots and the impression for the vin plate is off a little. That's what I ended up with after sending 3 back. Like I said I will try to a avoid them.

shawge

Does the JD dash fit with the windshield though?   I also bought a UR one a long time ago as I was collecting parts for a resto.  Recently tried installing it and ran into troubles with the windshield channel - too much foam on the dash near the window, so much that there is no way the glass would it.

Still haven't installed it and was thinking about a JD one since I still have my original.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

AH1S

Both fit under the glass. The JD dash was to thick at each end and the pillar trim would not fit. Had to heat and compress the corners. Funny when I called JD to complain that the pad was a bit puffy overall the rep said "wow I never heard that before".

fc7cuda

It's hard to beat a good OEM pad, but also hard to get a good OEM pad.   :alan2cents:

Good luck on your search, LMK if you run across a 70 pad.