Main Menu

71 Road lamp bulbs

Started by fuscobros, February 22, 2021, 02:52:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fuscobros

Anyone out there have for sale, or know of a source for a pair of OEM 71 Cuda Road Lamp bulbs...? 
I'm looking for the correct GE bulbs that say "FOG" on them.  I saw one NOS set for $169 on ebay....seems a bit high.  I don't mind a used pair (as long as they work).  If not, I may go with the incorrect non "FOG" ones that are readily available.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

198D13

The correct assembly line bulbs were actually Westinghouse made, and they didn't have the word FOG in the glass. If you would like an NOS set of them, PM me, I also have NOS GE ones that do say FOG, in either clear or yellow.

Topcat

Quote from: 198D13 on February 22, 2021, 05:53:54 PM
The correct assembly line bulbs were actually Westinghouse made, and they didn't have the word FOG in the glass. If you would like an NOS set of them, PM me, I also have NOS GE ones that do say FOG, in either clear or yellow.

Do you have a pic of the Westinghouse bulbs?

198D13

198D13

198D13

198D13

198D13

198D13

FE5CUDA

Quote from: 198D13 on February 22, 2021, 05:53:54 PM

That is an absolutely correct statement, they were Westinghouse.  The GE is no more than the GE4415 Fog bulb that was being produced up until very recently.

fuscobros

Thanks for everyone's comments and input.  Seems like there's a bit of disagreement on which bulbs were installed on the assembly line?  Some say the Westinghouse, others claim the GE with "FOG" depending on who you talk to....
I'm thinking either could be considered correct but the more I read and research, the more I'm leaning towards the Westinghouse.

Some good leads on NOS, Repros, GE, Westinghouse...now to make a decision... :thinking:

Hell, maybe I'll buy a pair of each!

wes473

How about some high performance options?

Topcat

Quote from: 198D13 on February 23, 2021, 05:54:51 AM
First picture.

I have no doubt these were used.
But I never saw or recall them on a Cuda' before.

My 71' wears it's original Westinghouse and GE headlights.
GE's were added.