Main Menu

A833 pistol grip, shifter, linkages

Started by Vettefab, December 11, 2019, 07:07:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Vettefab

Hi everybody,
I finally found a fair price e-body A833 (not easy to find in France!)
As well as a Slant 6 bellhousing to match (well, I had to purchase the complete car around it, but I got it !)

I'm looking for a shifter assembly, pistol grip, shifter plate and screws, boot and linkage rods...

I'm not looking for anything NOS, neither it has to be mint, no date codes.

Just looking for cheap driver conditions parts, even used repops is good enough.
I'll make it fancier later in the future !

I don't have no rush to get the parts :)

Please let me know your price shipped to Sarasota, Florida, thanks guys!

Sent from my BV9700Pro using Tapatalk

Barracuda 1970 Made in Rotterdam 170ci 3speed Manual

Vettefab

I need to correct myself, I did not mean "cheap", I know it worth some money!
Don't hesitate, even if you don't have every parts, thanks :)

Sent from my BV9700Pro using Tapatalk

gzig5

If you don't get everything you need here, ebay usually has these parts available.  Brewer's could be a one stop source for you as well.

http://www.brewersperformance.com/4speed.php

ec_co

if you are installing an 833 on the back of a slant 6, you will need more than just those parts. contact Dan at Brewers, he knows what you need for the conversion.

per my last email with him:

you can use the later model overdrive bellhousing to get the A833 bolt pattern.  Will have to use the overdrive retainer on the 4-speed and do some modifications to the fork pivot location inside the bellhousing.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Vettefab

Quote from: ec_co on December 16, 2019, 07:32:46 AM
if you are installing an 833 on the back of a slant 6, you will need more than just those parts. contact Dan at Brewers, he knows what you need for the conversion.

per my last email with him:

you can use the later model overdrive bellhousing to get the A833 bolt pattern.  Will have to use the overdrive retainer on the 4-speed and do some modifications to the fork pivot location inside the bellhousing.
It's already a manual car but 3 speed. Meaning it already has got the tunnel hump, clutch pedal and linkage...

However I'm gonna contact him, thanks for the tip.

Edit, I did not saw the last part of your message before I quoted you.
I actually have a 1970 bellhousing from a kind of A-body (Dodge 3700gt, made in Spain)
So the bore of my bellhousing should match the diameter of the input shaft retainer

ec_co

mine is the same, 225/3spd. this was his quote for my inquiry. so it's doable, but definitely should chat with him first to make sure you are doing it the right way the 1st time as it is NOT a common swap (I had many folks tell me over the years it wasn't feasible .... only Dan had the right answer I was looking for)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came