Main Menu

A93 floor mat

Started by cuda hunter, May 16, 2018, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Looking for the rubber floor mat on a 71 A93.

If you don't have one for sale, or know of one perhaps you have a picture of one of these mats. 
I would be glad to have a piece of one of these floor mats if it was pulled out of a real A93.

Anyone have any idea where one might be?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Wow.  100 views and no body tells me I'm crazy and they don't exist. 
     It's ok, tell me I won't find one.....  :pullinghair:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

what makes you think/believe that they do exist?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 18, 2018, 09:11:31 PM
Wow.  100 views and no body tells me I'm crazy and they don't exist. 
     It's ok, tell me I won't find one.....  :pullinghair:

I came, I looked, I chuckled... I left.... :drinkingbud:

anlauto

IN MY OPINION ....They don't exist....I too, laughed and moved on... :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

Now my curiosity has gotten the better of me. What floor mats would a dealer have installed back in the early 70's in a Mopar? When I first saw this, I was reminded of a 70 Duster my parents bought in 1972  which did not come with carpet but had a rubber floor mat throughout (base model?). When you buy a new car now, there are floor mats in the trunk which the dealer installs. What did the dealer put in back in the early 70s or was nothing put in to protect the carpet? 
Terry

Chryco Psycho

I too remember A bodies with rubber flooring instead of carpets
Even Cummins Dodge Rams have offered this , don't believe me , I own one !
Possible Yes , Have I seen one nope

71vert340

I just figured with all the e-body survivors I've seen photos of, one of them would have floor mats that were maybe put in by the dealer to protect the carpet. I also do not remember ever seeing an ebody with rubber flooring instead of carpet, only my parents 318 manual 3 speed am radio only duster. Only found the one photo so far with the Duster in the background. Interesting topic.
Terry

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 71vert340 on May 19, 2018, 07:17:59 AM
I just figured with all the e-body survivors I've seen photos of, one of them would have floor mats that were maybe put in by the dealer to protect the carpet. I also do not remember ever seeing an ebody with rubber flooring instead of carpet, only my parents 318 manual 3 speed am radio only duster. Only found the one photo so far with the Duster in the background. Interesting topic.
Terry

Thing is Cuda Hunter isn't looking for mats that protect the carpet, The A93 in his question refers to the stripper package for Cuda's & Challengers & according to the original salesman pocket guide A93 option included a rubber floor mat... Accept they don't exist... Duster/Dart yes... Challenger/Cuda no....

71vert340

True. All the e-bodies I looked at on the car lots (dozens) in 1971 through 1972 had carpets. If I had found an e-body with the rubber floor mats, I probably would have bought it instead of my convertible. In the Duster, if I spilled something, I'd just wipe it up with a wet sponge. Convenient. I'll start a new topic on the carpet protecting floor mats and see if anyone has shots of original floor mats. Thanks.
Terry

cuda hunter

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 19, 2018, 08:22:11 AM
Quote from: 71vert340 on May 19, 2018, 07:17:59 AM
Terry

Thing is Cuda Hunter isn't looking for mats that protect the carpet, The A93 in his question refers to the stripper package for Cuda's & Challengers & according to the original salesman pocket guide A93 option included a rubber floor mat... Accept they don't exist... Duster/Dart yes... Challenger/Cuda no....

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.  That rubber flooring that the book claims to be available with the a93 package.

Never seen one, but I've never posted a wanted thread for the rubber flooring.
Since I have an a93 I would love to get an original floor mat for it.  Or even a picture. 

also, I've had a dodge ramcharger that had the rubber flooring and I absolutely loved it.  Cleans up easy.   Super easy. 

cuda hunter

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 18, 2018, 09:20:27 PM
what makes you think/believe that they do exist?

The option is listed in the books. 

Everything else in the book appears to be available.  This would be the only thing I know of that the book shows is available but was not apparently.