Main Menu

AAR trunk lid

Started by Iowa Six Barrel, September 02, 2018, 09:39:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Iowa Six Barrel

I have a new AMD lid for my AAR. But I would like to find a very good original lid.

Cuda Cody

Are you looking for an original AAR deck lid or would a standard original deck lid from a cuda work?

Iowa Six Barrel

I've found some nice regular lids, but I want the correct lid for my AAR. I'm trying to keep as much original metal as possible. I will likely be able to keep it 70% but I would prefer 80% original metal. If I have to use amd lid... So be it, as I won't pay stupid money for an OEM. So the guy who told me his AAR oem lid was $3500 ... I won't be buying that.

cuda hunter

3500!!!  Stupid price!!!   I'm blown away by that.  It must have been NOS? 

3500 will buy you that 1970 rolled hemi fender NOS.  Waay less of those made than the deck lids.  That's crazy!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Iowa Six Barrel

I agree. Obviously I'm the blue text...

anlauto

So what makes a trunk lid an "AAR trunk lid" ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Well Alan: $3500 of course!
Sheldon

Iowa Six Barrel

Under side has the 4 cut outs for the 4 mounts that hold the rear spoiler. In this example picture, this lid also has the 2 cut outs for the wing to mount.

Iowa Six Barrel

I guess I could clarify... I would like the correct OEM lid for my AAR. I think most of you all know what I mean. So a suggestion that I just drill out holes from a regular lid is not an option for me. I would just like a lid that has the holes to mount the spoiler. I know the lids with 4 cut outs were seen on various Cudas and aren't aar specific. So if you know what mean ... Great. If you know and are asking anyway... Why?? If you don't know what I mean, then feel free to ask.

anlauto

I was asking because the guy with the $3500 one seemed to think an "AAR trunk lid" deserved to cost three times as much as a 70 Cuda trunk lid, and I was hoping you knew there wasn't anything "special" about an AAR trunk lid.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Iowa Six Barrel

Ok, that makes sense. I do think he felt it was something magical at $3500.

440WB

I have one in decent shape -

will get pics in the daylight of it