Main Menu

Classic Industries - Their Repo 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T Headlight Bezels?

Started by Christopher Evans, February 07, 2018, 06:02:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Christopher Evans

These 1971 Repo Headlight Bezels from www.classicindustries.com. Has any bought these? Are they quality repos just like NOS or cheap junk not worth the dollars? Any input is appreciated.  :help:

benlavigne

I have a set on my car, they fit well. There are a lot of different retailers, one manufacturer, I think, so shop carefully! I found my set from a seller on eBay, about 50% less than others... might have been a mistake, they had mostly Chebby parts, but I did not ask why!

Ben

Christopher Evans

Thanks Ben for your experience and, thanks for the picture too! Much appreciated!  :thankyou:

GrandpaKevin

Even though I still see a lot of NON R/T 1971 bezels for sale at swap meets and E-bay I'm glad they are repopping them.
To be correct for an R/T the black paint needs to be extended 1/2 up over the edge covering the fender and the black paint needs to be removed from the 2 short horizontal bars in between the
headlights.

For a non R/T Challenger the paint will need to be stripped and replaced with argent.

Christopher Evans

Thanks Kevin!

You are correct The orig NOS 1971 Black R/T HL Bezels part numbers are 3443430 & 3443431. Painted as your picture shows. The Classic Industries Repos are not correct. The bezels shouldn't be totally black. There should be two chrome horizontal lines between the two headlights, and like you said the black goes 1/2 way up the chrome corners. See my picture below.

Does anyone have a very nice used set of these R/T Bezels or restored correct bezels?