Main Menu

clutch fan

Started by cuda hunter, May 25, 2020, 07:34:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Looking for a clutched fan for a 400 big block.  7 blade preferably but would be glad with a 5. 
Anybody got one out there that works? 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

Do you need the fan blades or the clutch fan mech?  I have lots of 7 blade fans.

Chryco Psycho

I have used a number of the 18" Flex-A-Lie fans , The clutch can be purchased at virtually any parts store or Rock Auto , you probably want the Jaguar one which is very short for your application tho

cuda hunter

I need the full set up, fan and clutch.
the shorter one is indeed what I need as I don't have much room in there for what I recall the typical size of a clutch fan.

Who is the jaguar fan?   where do I find it.  I'll look for it. 

thanks yal.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Is that like a Jaguar car brand of clutch fan?

I looked and all I see on google is a bunch of Jaguar car fans and clutch's. 

I'm assuming the jaguar one is shorter in distance so it won't hit my radiator. 
which one should I be getting as there are a lot of options.

Topcat

Katfish

Look up Hayden on RockAuto

anlauto

Quote from: Katfish on May 29, 2020, 03:47:23 AM
Look up Hayden on RockAuto

Thank you for posting that....I might actually need one of those for a project I'm working on :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72 Challenger

I needed this information two cars ago! Added to file of "where to get stuff"
Someday I will have a J0b.

JS29

cuda hunter

Quote from: JS29 on May 29, 2020, 06:43:10 AM
Quote from: Topcat on May 28, 2020, 11:39:14 PM
Tony sells the correct one's.

https://www.tonysparts.com/e-body-parts
X2  @TONY  hooked me up.  :yes:

@JS29     Can you give me a depth dimension of the clutch and fan or just the clutch.   would like to know that before I order.

Thanks for the info!

TONY

The depth from the flange where it sits on the water pump pulley, to the tip of the cooling fins on the face is 2-1/2"

benlavigne

Quote from: Topcat on May 28, 2020, 11:39:14 PM
Tony sells the correct one's.

https://www.tonysparts.com/e-body-parts

Make sure to also ask Dave at Roseville @MoparDave , as he carries those parts and we have a discount... ;-)

Ben

JS29

@cuda hunter  Tony sold me a used fan and a new clutch

WCC