Main Menu

Door Glass Lift Channel dished washers (2) and Quarter Window Downstop Brackets

Started by Dmod1974, October 03, 2022, 05:26:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Dmod1974

I'm looking for 2 of the special dished washers used between the window lift channel and stabilizer bracket.  Mine are loooong gone and probably why I broke a window installing power window regulators some 20 years ago when I first bought the car.

Also looking for a pair of down stop brackets for the quarter windows - not the rubber pieces but the metal bracket that bolts to the bottom backside of the tracks with 2 bolts.  For some reason, 1974 E-Bodies don't have them despite all of the other parts being the same.  I assume they were deleted for cost reductions, but now that I have power windows back there with pretty strong motors I'd prefer an actual downstop to avoid damaging anything at the bottom of the travel.

Dmod1974

Nobody has these washers? I can't be the only one who doesn't have these - what is everyone else using as a substitute?

anlauto

I've never been able to source those washers...In the past, I've just stacked two washers  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparMikesRT

I HAVE 2 OE WITH GASKETS$ 10.00 + SHIPPING
+THE 2 R/L QUATER WINDOW DOWNSTOP BRACKETS. DO YOU ALSO NEED ALL HOLDING BOLTS?
THESE ARE THE ONES THAT ATTACH TO THE GUIDE BRACKET FOR THE GLASS. I ALSO HAVE COMPLETE ASSEMBLY THAT I'M WILLING TO PART OUT.
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME

Dmod1974

Ah, I'm in the states otherwise I'd be interested.  The shipping cost/time from Canada to here would be ridiculous these days.  Thanks though!