Main Menu

Door latches wanted

Started by 340Challman, May 28, 2021, 10:13:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

340Challman

Hi everybody, I am in desperate need of door latches for my 70 Challenger. I hope someone can hook me up because I have seen nothing in the repop world. Thanks in advance.
Kevin

B5fourspeed

340Challman

Quote from: B5fourspeed on May 28, 2021, 12:52:15 PM
There is a pair on ebay.

You're right, there is. Man, those are for the 6 pack R/T and... they're for the front doors too. :crazytalk:
:haha: I better pounce on those.

Thanks B5fourspeed. I appreciate the heads up. I may have to go that route, but I'd prefer not to if I can avoid it. The one latch looks to have damage, plus that, I'm just not a fan of the bay. Too many times I have not gotten what was described and I have no patience for a platform that doesn't care about the buyer or seller as long as they get their commission. But sometimes, you have no choice.
:cheers:
Kevin

RJChallenger

Must they both be 70 only and in mint condition, with no worn door hinge sag damage? I have 2 (70) drivers side door latches both with some minor door hinge sag damage,  They both work smoothly and effortlessly.  You can activate the latch with one finger. I will only need one eventually. The pass side (71+) is in mint condition with no worn door hinge sag damage. It also works smoothly and effortlessly with one finger. The only difference is your passenger can lock then shut the door

340Challman

Quote from: RJChallenger on May 29, 2021, 05:01:30 AM
Must they both be 70 only and in mint condition, with no worn door hinge sag damage? I have 2 (70) drivers side door latches both with some minor door hinge sag damage,  They both work smoothly and effortlessly.  You can activate the latch with one finger. I will only need one eventually. The pass side (71+) is in mint condition with no worn door hinge sag damage. It also works smoothly and effortlessly with one finger. The only difference is your passenger can lock then shut the door

@RJChallenger Not preferred, but I'm interested in the pass latch. How much will it take to separate it from you?
Kevin

RJChallenger

Hows $75 plus the ride. PM me to trade info 

340Challman

Quote from: RJChallenger on May 30, 2021, 06:20:40 PM
Hows $75 plus the ride. PM me to trade info

What is the current state of things between the U.S. and Canada? The last item I got from Canada, I got raked over the coals hard on shipping. I need the latch, but I can probably wait a little bit if things are going to improve. Have you shipped anything south recently?
Kevin

RJChallenger

Yes shipping can get expensive depending on size and weight, but this is pretty small and light I've shipped consoles ,rallye guages south. Door lock retainers from Ont to BC was under $2 shipping . PM an address and I will get you an exact Quote

340Challman

Kevin