Main Menu

Door panel clips

Started by edison1970, June 17, 2019, 06:39:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

edison1970

I'm missing some of the clips and square metal plates.
Thanks

jimynick

The clips are common and someone here may be close enough to just give you one- I would, but I'm in Canada. As for the plate, they were not serviced separately to my knowledge, but someone may have a junk trim panel they'd be willing to pry one off of. How were you figuring to mount it, since they're melted into the panel originally?   :huh:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ratroaster

The later door panels had fewer clips.  What are you working on?

edison1970

The drivers side has 4 metal plates and is missing 2 clips. The passenger side only has 2 metal plates and is missing all clips. Not sure of the year.mine is a 72 but  had a mix of up to 74 parts.

Chryco Psycho

if you can get some of the metal plates I am sure you can bond them on with an epoxy like Pegtanke , I try to be very gentle pulling the panels so the plates don't get pulled off .
https://www.amazon.com/PegaTanke-Epoxy-Glue-Apply-Surface/dp/B00X8RHDGQ there are 4 types , White , Grey , Marine & Steel

73chalngr

I have 3 clips no plates. You can have them  if you like

edison1970

I appreciate the offer. I just found some more boxes in my attic tonight. If I don't find any in them, I'll take you up on it.
Thanks

71vert340

How many of the plates do you need? I have a few around here.
Terry

edison1970

Missing 2. I was going to attempt to make them if nobody had any. Interested if you do.

71vert340

I was digging through my boxes of stuff and here's what I came up with. PM me your address and I'll drop a couple of the plates in the mail to you. I've collected these clips starting in the mid 70s when I would walk through wrecking yards and see broken panels in the cars so I'd grab these things. I don't know why the clips are different colors - color coded for different models maybe? Don't know.  Anyway let me know what you need.
Terry