Main Menu

Drivers side wiper arm

Started by kawahonda, October 04, 2018, 05:48:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kawahonda

Looking for a stock 1970 challenger wiper arm for drivers side.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

kawahonda

I'd also like to understand how it connects once I find one!

Rich G.

They do make repo ones but they're not cheep. It goes on just like any other arm but the driver side has an additional small arm that attaches to the little pin next to where the main arm pops on. Make sure the little arm has the clip attached to it.

kawahonda

Yeah, what does that little pin do? My current wiper isn't OEM, and I don't believe it has that design where it plugs in other than the main pivot point. Just curious!

Chryco Psycho

the second pin changes the angle of the blade as it sweeps across the windshield , there is a special clip to hold the second arm

xx88man

I might have an extra one around but I'll have to look. Anyone know how much are used originals worth?
Keep yer foot in it

06Daytona

Are all the 70-74 Mopar wiper arms the same? I have a bunch kicking around the garage and I even know where they are right now.

kawahonda

I've seen a range. I've found some on CL for $75 a pair that sold quickly. The going eBay rate is around $150 for a pair in great shape.

anlauto

I guess the question is what you want to spend ? The tiny clip is available in reproduction, likely more then a used arm... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kawahonda

I'd pay around $60-70 for a used driver's arm in great shape. Save aside $30-40 for the clip. For $100, I would have a complete wiper arms.

Because my aftermarket driver's arm is...aftermarket (and doesn't sit on that extra pivot), I think it effects the motion where the wiper motor retracts the wiper back into the home position. I kinda have to do that manually right now.

RUNCHARGER

Is the trim tight against the glass? Even the stock wiper will catch there if the trim is warped (a common problem).
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: 06Daytona on October 12, 2018, 08:56:45 AM
Are all the 70-74 Mopar wiper arms the same? I have a bunch kicking around the garage and I even know where they are right now.

70-74 e body are all the same not sure about Charger ones

kawahonda

I obtained one via the e-body facebook group. Had a very nice gentlemen in OR that had one, as well as the infamous clip, and he went to get two wiper blades at his local part store. Worked out a deal, and that was that!

Thanks everyone!

Curious if using that pivot point again will allow my wipers to retract correctly!

Before anyone asks, no, I never use my wipers, ever. But if the event that it happens, I'd like them to perform like they should!

RUNCHARGER

You need the thin Classic style wiper blades. Most aftermarket blades are too thick and won't tuck in properly between the hood and lower glass trim.
Sheldon

kawahonda

Good to know. He said whatever ones he bought are hard to find and most part stores don't have them. Assuming they are the correct ones. We'll see!