Main Menu

Front Valance Trim

Started by Timbbuc2, June 07, 2018, 08:44:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Looking for the trim that goes on the front valance
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Is it reproduced?  I don't ever recall seeing a reproduction and have not seen originals in good shape in a long time.

EV2RTSE

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 07, 2018, 08:46:30 AM
Is it reproduced?  I don't ever recall seeing a reproduction and have not seen originals in good shape in a long time.
Tony has NOS :Thud:
Get in, I'll drive

Burdar

1970 is two piece.  The other years are one single piece.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Burdar on June 07, 2018, 09:21:05 AM
Yes you are correct
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on June 07, 2018, 09:42:16 AM
Quote from: Burdar on June 07, 2018, 09:21:05 AM
Yes you are correct

Also available in 1971 as part of the A63 trim package.

The 71 package had everything the 1970 did except the rear tail panel appliqué.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Voodoo Child

Tony had a 70 two piece NOS set last year at Carlisle for $500. And I believe Classic is stocking the repo's.

blown motor

71-74 reproductions are also available from Roseville for Challenger. Not sure about Cuda or if Cuda even had it. I'm waiting for the price to come down.  :bigmoney:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Burdar

Quote71-74 reproductions are also available from Roseville for Challenger.

That's good to know.  I talked to Metro in 11 or 12 about them but they were out of stock.  They didn't know if they were going to make any more.  I've got one of their upper grill/header panel trim pieces but I haven't installed it yet.  I had both my original trim pieces sanded/polished but they need replacing.

autoxcuda

Quote from: blown motor on June 07, 2018, 01:41:03 PM
71-74 reproductions are also available from Roseville for Challenger. Not sure about Cuda or if Cuda even had it. I'm waiting for the price to come down.  :bigmoney:

The one piece are 72-74.

Two piece are 70-71.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on June 07, 2018, 01:41:03 PM

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/front-valance-molding-72-74-challenger/products_id/9888

RusTy/SE

I bought two used original sets off ebay for $300 in 2007 and $175 in 2008. It would be nice to see them next to a new repro set to compare accuracy :takealook:

I figured I'd have one or both sets refini$hed along with the rest of my car's chrome and stainless when the time comes  :takemymoney:

Are you planning on new or searching for an original set?

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Timbbuc2

Quote from: RusTy/SE on June 07, 2018, 06:33:16 PM
I bought two used original sets off ebay for $300 in 2007 and $175 in 2008. It would be nice to see them next to a new repro set to compare accuracy :takealook:

I figured I'd have one or both sets refini$hed along with the rest of my car's chrome and stainless when the time comes  :takemymoney:

Are you planning on new or searching for an original set?
I wanted to find original and restore them myself, I have all the other. Bright work restored and ready to install
Get in, I'll drive