Main Menu

Gran coupe door inserts

Started by b5cuda, November 06, 2017, 07:57:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

b5cuda

Hi, looking for gran coupe door strip inserts.  Only need the four quarter panel pieces (already have pieces for both doors) but willing to buy complete set if necessary.  Don't need Gran Coupe emblems.  Thanks!

1 Wild R/T

First this... I know you only want the four little pieces... But they are hard to come by & often not sold separately...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Mopar-Barracuda-Cuda-Gran-Coupe-Left-Right-Hand-Interior-Panels/202098069692?hash=item2f0dfbd0bc:g:c68AAOSw28pZza6~&vxp=mtr

Second....

https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-for-sale/9/blue-cuda-door-panel-set-with-woodgrain-inserts/4253/

Personally I think the second set is a deal.... Even if you just want the trim....

larry4406

I would like to see a brushed finish metal strip aftermarket option for this.

BFM_Cuda

So...  I have a set of panels with the red inserts with Gran Coupe emblems on the door panel. Whats the difference between the red inserts and the wood ones?

1 Wild R/T

Red ones only came with the Black & White P5X9 interior

anlauto

These are not only found on Gran Coupes, but any Cuda with leather interior :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 06, 2017, 03:04:52 PM
These are not only found on Gran Coupes, but any Cuda with leather interior :alan2cents:

Meaning the wood grained inserts.... Not the red ones.....

BFM_Cuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 06, 2017, 03:00:30 PM
Red ones only came with the Black & White P5X9 interior

thanks 1 Wild R/T    :drinkingbud:

1 Wild R/T

Your welcome! Cool parts for a very cool interior package..

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 06, 2017, 03:11:08 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 06, 2017, 03:04:52 PM

Meaning the wood grained inserts.... Not the red ones.....

Yes
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GY3R/T

The red door piping in Barracuda's are pretty rare. Most Barracuda Gran Coupe's came with the simulated woodgrain piping , as it would work with all interior door panel colors available. Basically woodgrain was the default color. The (stunning) red piping was an obscure option most didn't know about. AND you had to have the right color interior. I.E.  P5X9 , H6X9 , P6A8 , P6XA , H6XV ( 71)  yada yada.  :thinking:  AND I believe certain exterior colors prevented you from checking the " Red Piping " box. I don't beleive you could order a B5 blue car with blue interior and red piping. Or even a B5 exterior and black interior with red piping. :alan2cents: I'd love to see some examples (documented) of odd exterior color/ red piping interior combo's.   :ebay:

b5cuda

Thanks for the lead, will look into the Canadian source. 

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: GY3R/T on November 06, 2017, 04:50:17 PM
The red door piping in Barracuda's are pretty rare. Most Barracuda Gran Coupe's came with the simulated woodgrain piping , as it would work with all interior door panel colors available. Basically woodgrain was the default color. The (stunning) red piping was an obscure option most didn't know about. AND you had to have the right color interior. I.E.  P5X9 , H6X9 , P6A8 , P6XA , H6XV ( 71)  yada yada.  :thinking:  AND I believe certain exterior colors prevented you from checking the " Red Piping " box. I don't beleive you could order a B5 blue car with blue interior and red piping. Or even a B5 exterior and black interior with red piping. :alan2cents: I'd love to see some examples (documented) of odd exterior color/ red piping interior combo's.   :ebay:

Red piping wasn't a separate option, it was standard with one interior (P5X9) & only available with one interior.....

GY3R/T

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 06, 2017, 05:39:34 PM

Red piping wasn't a separate option, it was standard with one interior (P5X9) & only available with one interior.....  :foul:
My 1970 Vitamin C Gran Coupe  P6XA interior has red piping. I have also seen other examples of Red , Orange Cars With black interiors and red piping. Not just drivers, but highly restored cars with owner history. This option doesn't show on fender tag or build sheet. But was available on more than simply one interior code. (P5X9).

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: GY3R/T on November 06, 2017, 06:29:51 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 06, 2017, 05:39:34 PM

Red piping wasn't a separate option, it was standard with one interior (P5X9) & only available with one interior.....  :foul:
My 1970 Vitamin C Gran Coupe  P6XA interior has red piping. I have also seen other examples of Red , Orange Cars With black interiors and red piping. Not just drivers, but highly restored cars with owner history. This option doesn't show on fender tag or build sheet. But was available on more than simply one interior code. (P5X9).

And I knew people 35+ years ago who swapped it in because it looked good... But never saw it on anything original except P5X9.... Who's got access to their parts manual? I'm on the road again...