Main Menu

Hood striker and safety catch

Started by Indiana Challenger Guy, September 08, 2021, 06:46:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Indiana Challenger Guy

Well as I continue with my restoration, I am again cursed on the 70 only challenger parts. I'm restoring a 70 Challenger R/T. I am in need of the striker that mounts to the underside of the hood along with the safety catch. When I bought my car years ago it has a T/A lift-off fiberglass hood. I have the latch assembly that sits in the front core support.

I have attached a photo I found on the site of the items needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

YYZ

FYI - Part #1 in your picture, the secondary hood latch, is for '70-'74 'Cuda.

The '70 Challenger part is similar, however, it has a much longer lever on it.  It is a 1-year only part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203457983577?fits=Year%3A1970%7CModel%3AChallenger&hash=item2f5f0a7459:g:yV4AAOSw8s1gpBUk

Part #2 is the same for all E-bodies and should be easy to find.

anlauto

#2 is common to all hoods I believe...however you're correct #1 is a one year only Challenger part :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Indiana Challenger Guy

I can't thank you enough. I am amazed at the knowledge that exists on this site. I have been reading all the threads, learning something new each day. Thanks again.

Racer57

I got tired of hitting my head and losing what hair I had left. My cuda has hood pins, so I took that damn meat hook off !! (don't want to sell it)

C_B5

I have a 70 challenger secondary hood latch. PM sent

gygeneral

I have one also, both parts

OOps, thats not one, sorry, I swear this came off my 70 challenger

Indiana Challenger Guy

Unfortunately I pulled the trigger way too quick and bought one on eBay. Needless to say I learned a valuable lesson. I continue to be amazed by the members on this site. I'm new to the forum and I can continue to be impressed by the membership. Please bear with me as I remove my head from a certain body part.  😳

Thanks

anlauto

There is a guy selling "homemade" ones on eBay...He makes pretty decent looking handles, then welds them onto any hook...bondos them up and paints them grey... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BIGSHCLUNK

Not on topic - But I hate the "hook"... it's caused traumatic brain damage more than once!   :yes: