Main Menu

Inner fender patch section

Started by Crocha617, November 24, 2017, 04:14:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Crocha617

I figured I'd ask before I order a new complete inner fender.
..Does anyone have an old drivers side inner fender section they don't need? I need the section where the front hood hinge bolt goes. Basically the 2 thicker plates that the bolt threads into. My plates are rotten but the rest of my inner fender sheet metal is saveable.

RUNCHARGER

They're all rusted there. It is an easy patch to fab up though.
Sheldon

Crocha617

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 24, 2017, 08:19:24 PM
They're all rusted there. It is an easy patch to fab up though.

Yeah the sheetmetal piece isn't the issue it's the thick plates that the hood hinge bolt goes into. It is actually rotted right through.

RUNCHARGER

You can fab those up easy as well. Do you have a good shot of clean ones though? Yours are probably totally shot.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

I've probably thrown dozens of those out when you factor how many inner fenders I've changed on cars....Sorry :sorry:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Never mind I actually made one this morning. I actually looked at it and realized what a simple piece it was. It's all done and installed both sides patched and no one will even be able to tell the difference.

1 Wild R/T

Excellent... I made one for my car back in 95, no one has ever noticed....  :cheers: