Main Menu

Looking for 5 Headliner Bow Set for E-body Barracuda

Started by SW mopar, February 12, 2023, 07:34:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SW mopar

I am looking for a full set of headliner bows. Need all 5 bows. When i bought my project it didn't have a headliner & bows were gone.

anlauto

What year is the car ? The year of the car makes a difference. The car will either have slots for little triangular cups to sit in, or holes for the rods to go directly in.

They are available in reproduction if you can't find originals  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Is it slots or holes ? 1971 is the change over year....still five bows, but two totally different styles... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cudabin

If it is the slotted type that accepts the cups, I have 4 of the 5 bows you are seeking. I do not have the rear bow. If interested let me know.

miketerzis

I know someone who you can contact for these parts.
He lives in Richmond Hill.
Name: Mike Mamoliti
Phone #: 905-737-9138

Or you can use brake lines , it works. I have used them in the past.

Good Luck! 

SW mopar

Yeah, had to look at car again and i have the 3 hole in triangle pattern. So there are no clips, the bows go straight into the holes?

anlauto

Unfortunately that puts you right in that grey area as for reproductions....Of course the masters behind the repros make a 5 piece "clip style" set and only the 4 piece "hole style" set...

So if your sure your car has 5 sets of the three holes, then you need to find originals or at least one extra front bow...the first three bows from the front are all the same. :alan2cents:

SW mopar

I remember when ordering the headliner (haven't gotten it yet) in 71 they changed to a 4 bow headliner. If so that that is why there isn't a five bow set with the dog leg on end to go into the holes? I don't know because when i got the car there wasn't a headliner nor any bows to reference

anlauto

1971 is the change over year for the "cup style" to the "dog leg style" BOTH having 5 bows....it wasn't until late 72 into 73 that they went to the 4 bows.... The reproduction company is not accurate in their description. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a 1971 Cuda model with a four bow headliner...but of course, I could be wrong. :drunk:

SW mopar

Company is legendary. They offer both a 4 bow (71-74) and 5 bow headliner (70-71)

anlauto

Quote from: SW mopar on February 15, 2023, 11:06:22 AM
Company is legendary. They offer both a 4 bow (71-74) and 5 bow headliner (70-71)

For headliners, yes...but personally I've never seen a 1971 Cuda with a 4 bow headliner, except a rebodied one running around Cottage country... :-X

SW mopar

SW mopar

In one of the Facebook posts i got this info:
"I had 4 in my '71...here is the diagram I drew as I removed them...late May '71 build..."

I attached his photo. Mine is a march built.

My friend who has a dec-70 built has 5 bows with dog leg ends

anlauto

Anything is possible I guess...you just have to figure out what works best for your car. :alan2cents: