Main Menu

Looking for a 1970 E-Body automatic console

Started by KZ, April 12, 2018, 10:53:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

KZ

Mine is not too bad but does have that usual slight bend (warpage, see picture) in that thin plastic piece that is to the left of the shifter. I could use any color console but please only '70 OE and in nice condition. There are a few nice ones on eBay but they seem a little pricey.

Thanks

P.S. If anyone knows a secret as to how to smooth out that warped area let me know.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Bullitt-

I've had some luck using a heat gun.... Thinking a U channel something that would support the bottom & pull the edges straight as the heat is applied would work for ya.  Be very careful with heat, this stuff melts faster than you can imagine.. 
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

EV2RTSE

I think I would take some ABS cement and lightly apply it under the bowed-up areas of the thin section of the top half of the console, and then lash it down tightly to the bottom half of the console with duct tape until it dries and cures for at least 24 hours. You won't have a two-piece console any longer but I bet that area will be nice and straight when you're done. Maybe use some blue painters tape on the outside edge to keep any glue from oozing out and eating into the visible grain.